Whistle on 67-69 Dart

-

WildCat

Reaction score
there was a thread in the convertible section but think it might be of interest in all Dart owners of 67-69 Darts

mine has whistled since I got it back together. I started taping off windshield, trim cowl but had never taped off the leading edge trim on the front of the hood

reading that there was a TSB on these when new about whistle, I decided to try taping it off

Was planning on a 75 mile drive this morning so using clear packing tape taped the top of the trim to the hood

WHAT A PLEASURE to drive from Sellersburg to Columbus whistle free. I removed the tape from the top for the cruise in and taped the bottom side for the return home

again WHISTLE FREE FOR THE TRIP HOME. Wish I had found this 7,000 miles ago

I was not able to pin point where the noise was coming from, left right front rear. it was just loud and irritating. Even had a buddy that owns a body shop ride with me and tried different things to try and locate it

I have heard it on other darts, even remember ones back when I was a kid whistle going down the road.

So if your 67-69 Dart whistles and you don't think it is a factory built in deer whistle try taping the trim on the front of the hood and see if it goes away. Mine didn't matter top or bottom, both eliminated the whistle.

D67-23-10%20p1.jpg

I meant to ask if you recognized the tune it whistled.

Seriously, glad you got it fixed. Things like that can drive you crazy.

-
Back