White? Cream? Help!

-

Dieseldog

Reaction score
I have a 1972 Scamp (Tawny Gold) Project. Interior is like an off white/cream and I cant find a color match for the interior. I want to remove the bench and put in buckets that match the rear seat.
Picked up a black and chrome auto center console from a 68 charger that would improve the look inside. Im going with a black carpet to have it pop.
suggestions?
I will post pics later today.

Have you really cleaned the rear seat?

Also a vynal supplier should have numerous "white" samples to choose from.

Though it would be more expensive, to get everything to truly match... Door cards front and rear upholstery

A fender tag will tell you the color code of the original interior but I have to say that anything new may not be a perfect
match to an old seat.

What exactly are you wanting to do? Get some spray dye and dye it back? Connect the dots for us. If that's what you want, this is really simple. Take it to a paint store and let them come out with their color match gun, shoot the seats and they can mix up the perfect shade. But of course, since you didn't tell us what the end result is you're doing, we can only guess.

This is the only color that could be (E2Y3)

72_Valiant_Duster0003.jpg

It doesn't look like the white was available on the Scamp
72_Valiant_Duster0004.jpg

Alan

What exactly are you wanting to do? Get some spray dye and dye it back? Connect the dots for us. If that's what you want, this is really simple. Take it to a paint store and let them come out with their color match gun, shoot the seats and they can mix up the perfect shade. But of course, since you didn't tell us what the end result is you're doing, we can only guess.
My 72 Scamp kind of looks cool with the Tawny and vertical seam, cream color scheme but I have a 75 scamp with re upholstered rear seats (black) and a 71 valiant (blue) for parts and other Mopar parts I have acquired over the years. (like that console)
I could go black and get new black buckets (way easier) . I would have to paint all the cream accent trim black inside as well.

-
Back