Who bought the P22 target?

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I saw someone here showing off their new P22 a few days ago and it got me thinking i want a decet .22 pistol.

So i started looking.

P22
SR22
and mark IV

Were waht i am focused on.

The mark 4 was what i ended up deciding on but then California stepped in and swiftly delivered a solid kick to my nuts.
Mark IV, NOT CA LEGAL... are you kidding me? WTF???
Not into the old mark 1,2 or 3 due to the PITA take down and service method.

Now im back between the P22 and the SR22
The P22 soupouseldy has a better trigger and thats a big factor for me but it has more issues than the SR22 with failures (so I hear)

The one thing that realy upsets me about the P22 Target is the compensator is FAKE??

WHAT??
i wven went so far as to have my local shop order me one before i realized it was fake and now i have to call them and do the call of shame and tell them to sell it to someone else.....

So how do you like your P22 target?
How dose it run?

Not sure i can abide a fake part on my gun even if it dose cover the long barrel..

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Thank you.

Just looked it up, that is nice but two issues.

Number 1.

Not Ca legal.....

:drama::rofl:

Number two.

This gun is "for my very small girlfriend."
While she enjoys shooting my sig 40, she burns ammo like its free. (It is for her...:rolleyes:) and she has very small hands so i was looking at smaller frame guns.

Now lets not get confused, i will be using this gun to destroy empty beer cans on a regular basis so i have to like it also.

:)

I own a gun shop here in Massachusetts I would take the ruger SR22 over the Walther, the p22 has a tendency to be picky on ammo

why not just move to the United States, where you're still free to own a gun?

You sir are a comedian.....

If Ca wasn't so geographically awsome and my busines wasnt already established here i would leave.

Im getting really tired of the stupidity that passes for normal here.

Im not sure why but there are a lot of folks who think (on u tube) that even with all its flaws the P22 is a superior firearm to the SR22?

i dont mind going through the gun and "fixing" or polishing what it needs.

Is the P22 being finicky on ammo your main complaint about it?

Thank you for your expert opinion.

I own a gun shop here in Massachusetts I would take the ruger SR22 over the Walther, the p22 has a tendency to be picky on ammo
While I got no dog in this fight, I do in fact help run an indoor range and actually earn a living on occasion as a firearms instructor. And I agree with above post. I get the opportunity to watch a whole lot of folks shoot 22 pistols. The Walther can be a bit finicky. The Buckmark is actually the most popular here.

I dont know why the buckmark doesn't do it for me. I may be that i grew up shooting the Mark 2 and 3 so in my mind the buckmark is a cheep copy?

If they have one in stock i will play with it and see if i like it.

Just looked it up, that is nice but two issues.

Number 1.

Not Ca legal.....

:drama::rofl:

Number two.

This gun is "for my very small girlfriend."
While she enjoys shooting my sig 40, she burns ammo like its free. (It is for her...:rolleyes:) and she has very small hands so i was looking at smaller frame guns.

Now lets not get confused, i will be using this gun to destroy empty beer cans on a regular basis so i have to like it also.

OR, get a different GF, mine can fire an RPG in both hands at the same time !

You know what they say, big hands, big feet=big swinging meat.

No thank you. I like my women with small hands and small feet and ZERO swinging meat.....

I like the SR22. Finicky is in the hands of the user. I have never found it to be anything but a nice weapon.

I dont know why the buckmark doesn't do it for me. I may be that i grew up shooting the Mark 2 and 3 so in my mind the buckmark is a cheep copy?

If they have one in stock i will play with it and see if i like it.
If it's REALLY for her, she should be playing with it. I use that "it's for her" excuse all of the time LOL.

Well lets be real, its still my gun.

But it is for her. She mainly stays at the pistol range while i like to shoot prone at steel.

Last time i left her at the pistol range i came back like an hour or more later to find her. Yup there she was with about 2 or 3 hundred dollars in 40 and 45 caliber brass on the ground.

Now she can burn 60-100 dollars of course if she prefers to shoot the other guns she can do that to.

Did you explore the Browning Buckmark?
I have a buckmark , very accurate and reliable gun.
I like it better than my Ruger.
Sometimes I use the browning as a carry weapon for shooting out eyeballs

I just picked up a P22 camo a couple weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I usually go to the woods to shoot. Can't go right now because of a fake (corona virus) fire ban they have on right now. In Colorado a fire ban means no shooting.
I have several different type of ammo I can try. From what I've read, the older p22's were finiky but the problems have been fixed on the new ones. (I hope).

21e5856da32b2ea67a8f4526145f7194.jpg

Funny we have the same fire ban here in Ca... and it just rained last week.......

Looks good!

I have a P22 and hardly ever shoot it. I don’t like it much because it has so many failures to feed and eject. Even after making some mods to improve it. It works best with CCI mini mags. It does have a very nice smooth trigger though. For a small gun, I absolutely love my M&P Shield.

-
Back