Who gives a crap about Coronavirus. I have this in my house.

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
The 17 yr. old boy cleaned out his locker tonight, and brought home all his hockey gear. We have not seen this bag since last fall. After dealing with boy hockey gear for 12 years, I am very afraid to touch this thing. The wife (trooper that she is!) will bravely haul this thing to the laundromat this weekend, take a deep breath, open it, and quickly throw it all in one of those huge washers.

Then run it again.

There are scary smells in there.. smells no human should ever have to smell.

There are probably some mutant strains of germs in there that would swim in bleach, and use a blow torch to dry off.

IMGP8325_res.jpg

Last edited:
My kids did ice skating. When the locker room door opened after hockey practice, you knew it. A Mopar friend had a kid in hockey, he stories sounded like that. Sweat and water, bad combination.

My kids did ice skating. When the locker room door opened after hockey practice, you knew it. A Mopar friend had a kid in hockey, he stories sounded like that. Sweat and water, bad combination.
It's an experience for sure. Wasn't so bad when he was a youngster, he brought his stuff home after every game and practice, and we had a PVC 'hockey tree' in the basement he knew to immediately hang his stuff on, and it all got washed every couple weeks. High school hockey, they have lockers and leave the stuff there..I went in that room once this year, my nose was never the same.

I feel your pain! My boy was a high school wrestler. Wow! He’s been out of school almost 4 years now, his room still holds some of those oh so unforgettable aromas!

my oldest is 10, so his body is maturing (in the way cheese does) and he is an active kid
he is about 2 months removed from getting his black belt in teakwondo, and he is also on their demo team, that means he in in the dojo 4 times a week, ranging from 40 minute classes to 2 hour long work outs
you would think that would be enough to convince him he has to shower DAILY

my oldest is 10, so his body is maturing (in the way cheese does) and he is an active kid
he is about 2 months removed from getting his black belt in teakwondo, and he is also on their demo team, that means he in in the dojo 4 times a week, ranging from 40 minute classes to 2 hour long work outs
you would think that would be enough to convince him he has to shower DAILY
Wait till he's 16...then has to shower twice a day.. and then rummage through his dirty clothes bin to put some back on. Like, wtf?

How old are these people?

Shouldn't they be doing their own laundry?

Been there - done that, when My Son was involved in, High School, Sports.. -- However "Coronavirus" is not a joke.

Last edited:
Keep it up. The seasonal flu has already killed many more. Why the total Hesteria? It’s really starting to get contagious. Either the official folks are lying to us and hiding the real truth or it is overhyped BS! It is really starting To effect business with all the closures and shutdowns! Thank goodness I have some reserves unlike many!

How old are these people?

Shouldn't they be doing their own laundry?
I hear ya. I was doing my own laundry when I was 10. That said, in this house, you better be prepared to lose your hands if you touch the wife's washer or dryer... and stay the hell out of her way on laundry Sunday mornings. Yes, he knows how to do his own, I've taught him that. School/sports/work.. the kid is a damn busy boy, busier than I am.

Keep it up. The seasonal flu has already killed many more. Why the total Hesteria? It’s really starting to get contagious. Either the official folks are lying to us and hiding the real truth or it is overhyped BS! It is really starting To effect business with all the closures and shutdowns! Thank goodness I have some reserves unlike many!
It's just a fun post, guy. Take that argument elsewhere.

I disagree because it hypes more about it and like said really effecting business. Nothing funny about it? Sorry to disagree! Never enjoy hitting that red X.

Last edited:
I disagree because it hypes more about it and like said really effecting business. Nothing funny about it? Sorry to disagree! Never enjoy hitting that red X.
I understand what you're saying. What I'm saying though, is this was posted in the 'Jokes, fun stuff, anything goes' forum... there's a lot of places on here to argue about this, and I don't think this forum one of those.
This post was about the trials and tribulations of having a kid in a sport.

-
Back