Who has descent LA header gaskets??

-

swinger340

Reaction score
After just a few runs in my swinger the headers are now leaking at the head. They were the cheapo gaskets that came in an old engine gasket set I had. My previous gaskets never leaked, even after 5 yrs of abuse. My old ones were a steel base wrapped in some kind of lead looking material. New ones were just the opposite. Lead looking material wrapped in metal.

Remflex sealed up my severly warped headers ill never buy anything but remflex again

I never have a problem with the graphite gasket. (The "lead" is a graphite-base substance). How are the Remflex different?

Pretty sure my old ones were felpro 1413s. New ones are junk, didnt last 20 min before blowing out. They had duel bolt hole pattern making them very thin on the bottom where they blew out. I think ill just try the readily available felpro 1413s again.

Had Eddys/ Super Comps on my 408,the Mr G Ultra Seals worked every time.The Remflexes,extra thick,extra high temp material,my go to gasket,to offset warped header flanges .

Put a straight edge on your flanges make sure they are flat, if not grind em' down, a belt sander makes it easy.

Good luck!

MrGasket ultra seals works good as long as your flanges are somewhat straight and that shouldnt be an isue with TTI headers.

Dougs header gaskets 4ever! Had em on 2 cars for years never a leak. Put Percys on this last time and one blow out on first startup! Replaced with my slightly used dougs and sealed right up! Get em through summit.

-
Back