Who has used these?

-

swisswill

Reaction score
US Car Tool sells these and I'm wondering if anybody has them before or something similar? This winter I'm dropping the k-frame and rear end in order to clean up the underside but need to be able to wheel the thing around. Maybe it's me but $350 for front and rear seems pretty expensive. Might be cheaper to build a set of my own, depending on the cost of wheels. Has anybody built there own or something similar to it? I'm open to any and all ideas, thanks.

Jan1207_1.jpg

I could have been a bit more clear too. Thanks for the pic though, that gives me some ideas for the k member/engine/tranny drop and install.

I made this rotisserre for around $450. There are different plans on the net for "A" body specific designs. It might be a little excessive for rolling a car around, but it sure is nice to work with.

rotisserre.jpg

blasted.jpg

Build your own cheaper.
Mine use the Xmember bolts and the body sat on top, but the other way will alow the Xmember to remain in place if you want.

](*,)](*,)the one i have was built for about 100 bucks it's not pretty but it workd if you have a harbor freight near you the tire assemblys are or were 8 bucks a peice and they have the bearings in them

ebay 004.jpg

Build your own for a lot less then $350.00 Go to Harbor freight and buy some wheels, you can find some that have brakes on them if you need them lees then $10.00 a wheel.

](*,)](*,)the one i have was built for about 100 bucks it's not pretty but it workd if you have a harbor freight near you the tire assemblys are or were 8 bucks a peice and they have the bearings in them

Thanks 72. If I can do a rotisserie for 100-150 that would be ideal. Do you have plans for what you built? Also, what is the total length of yours with the car on it? I'm limited on space and want to make sure I can squeeze it in. Thanks.

-
Back