who is superstitious?

-
On that note, I wouldn't necessarily call it haunted but...
I bought my car from a guy 150 miles from home in a parking lot where we agreed to meet.
The car ran all the way home at 70-75mph although it ran like crap, but when I pulled into the driveway it shut off like you pulled the coil wire.
That car and I went round and round for days with it doing one thing right after another to the point it would barely get to, or back from where I went with it.
It started feeling like it was doing this stuff intentionally just to make me work for it and testing me to find out if I was worth having it.
Well one day a week or so later it straightened right up and has been probably the most reliable daily driver I have ever had.
It has rescued every other car in the family at one point or another and we generally have 4-5 cars here.

I guess some of that was probably due to the amount of work I did on it to get it to that point :D, but in the beginning it sure felt like it was intentionally testing me and giving me problems to solve before it decided it would be happy here.

My '84 Dodge D50 did that "no coil wire" stall one day too.

It stalled out on me as I was pulling up the dirt lane to my dad's place and I thought I had ran out of gas (gauge haven't worked for at least 6 years).

I popped the hood and sprayed some starting fluid. Yeah truck fired up, but missed every so often. That's when I noticed something. Looking through the windshield, at the gap between the cowl and hood... There was no coil wire on the coil and the engine was running.

I got out of the truck and looked at it closer, the coil wire was laying on the fenderwell, nowhere near the coil, and yet the engine was still running.

born friday the 13th..lil bit superstitious, dont like black cats, ladders,broken mirrors....makes me nervous...

Not in the least superstitious, I have a 9mm with 666 on the sir. numbers

No but I try to do nice things for ppl in case karma is real but it doesn't seem to help cause im constantly getting **** on by others it seems and am on the verge of saying f everyone and not helping anymore. Only downside is I actually like helping others when I can.

I hear that @Phily , But it does make us happy :thumbsup: so we have to take the good with the bad, it takes all kinds to make this silly world go around sir :D

No but I try to do nice things for ppl in case karma is real but it doesn't seem to help cause im constantly getting **** on by others it seems and am on the verge of saying f everyone and not helping anymore. Only downside is I actually like helping others when I can.
ahh - the eternal internal struggle.. Amen!

Yep...big time superstitious is me...just sayin'...Marla
s-l1600.jpg

Anyone else have those little "beliefs" that alter the way you do things?

Just one...never put Chevy body parts on a Mopar...bad juju there! Weird things can happen like jacks taking out radiator support frames, car turning pink, odd magnetism in the mail...etc.

:D

-
Back