Who is using 440 source oil pans,timing chain&valve covers ??

-
if i was building another n/a motor i wouldn't have any problem using thier parts, any of them. yeah, the money saved could be put elsewhere like you're saying. also if i did my plumbing again i wouldn't use any stainless steel hoses either. i'd go with the ultra light weight stuff that is black, fittings and all. when you see how much ss hose you put in your hotrod the stuff weights a ton, between 50 and 100lbs.

I have their timing chain cover and pointer on my motor. As they state in the instructions it needed a bit of clearance machining inside but it's been fine. I was focused on maximum use of aluminum when I put the motor together and thought it added nicely to the look...

dyno3.jpg

I'm running 440 Source chrome stamped steel front cover, aluminum adjustable timing pointer and their chrome numbered harmonic balancer.
Everything fits and works great but I had to modify my timing pointer so it read 0 at TDC.
It was +4 degrees off so I had to chop off about 7/16" off of the end of it to make it accurate.

-
Back