Who lives near Buffalo?

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
All right fellas. My wife and I are starting to seriously talk about moving back north. I'm from PA and she's from Long Island originally. I moved down here to go to Clemson in 98 and have been working down here since graduating in 02. I/We have had just about enough of this damn heat (93 with the heat index yesterday and its only June!) I've got a sister in Amherst and my parents are in Elicottville and it seems like it would be a good move. I miss the snow believe it or not.

So, enough of me rambling. What can you locals tell me about the area as far as where I should stay away from as far as buying a house? I would imagine my wife will be working in the city since shes a banker and I would like to keep her to about a 30 min commute if possible. Ideally I'd like to have at least an acre and about a 1800 sq ft house. I know the taxes are quite a bit more up there but I'll figure all that out later. Any info is appreciated as always!

I live about 15 miles north of Amherst. As you know the taxes are pretty steep in this area especially Niagara county. If you like snow Western NY is the place to be, south of Buffalo gets alot of lake effect snow- like 6+ inches every other day for a month straight sometimes. North of Buffalo isn't as bad with snow but we get our share of it. In the summer it doesn't get that hot, a heat wave would be a week of temps in the low 90's but it usually cools off at night. The job market is kinda slow around here but there are alot of banks though.

Check out Newstead or Akron just outside of Clarence ny. Good schools and cheap taxes well cheap by ny standards. What about Aurora next over from East Aurora??

Yeah, I know the taxes will be a little steeper than what I'm used to but its a small price to pay to get away from the constant 90 degree plus days down here.

Thanks for the heads up 67. I'll have to check that area out too.

Tnailav (nice name) my wife is originally from Westhampton beach

Thats about how long it is down here if you dont like standing in a 100 degree parking lot during the summer!

-
Back