Who makes the best brake line kits?

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
So I've come to the point in my restoration where I need to replace the brake lines. Of course nobody that I've tried makes a kit for the early A's (65 dart). I'm wondering what company people would recommend? I know there are going to be mods that I will have to make and that's to be expected but I would like a quality kit. I'm not sure what year my 8 3/4 is but I was told that certain years had the vent on the rear end housing in a different spot on the housing.

I'm not sure what year my 8 3/4 is but I was told that certain years had the vent on the rear end housing in a different spot on the housing.

FYI on the housing vent.

Attachments

• Rear Diff Vent (3).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 199
I've been happy with Fine Lines. They have fit pretty good for me. They make stuff for my 66 Valiant wagon.

for the front of my car i ordered a set of stainless lines from inline tube. i was pretty impressed with the fit. they dropped right in.

i made all my own lines for the rear end. pretty easy and saves a few bucks.

Right on guys thanks for that info. I knew there were 2 different locations on the vents but I couldn't remember the year cutoff. Ill get r done.

Right on guys thanks for that info. I knew there were 2 different locations on the vents but I couldn't remember the year cutoff. Ill get r done.

if you have a choice id put the vent on the axle tube and not the side of the center portion. it wont be as prone to seeping there.

I have used both finelines and inline and finelines has always fit perfect and the last 2 I bought from inline had to be modified. I was lucky I had the engine out because I had to keep bending lines in place until they fit where they were supposed to fit. It wasn't worth the few $ savings of going to inline. IMHO

-
Back