Who needs tv when you have chunk

-
Bowhunting-Groundhogs-on-Video-short.gif

Chunk's 3rd cousin, Dunk had a waterfront home in the creek bank in my yard. When the remnants of Tropical Storm Fred came thru a few years ago, Dunk lost his home in the flood. Farmers Insurance refused Dunks claim, because all Farmers hate Groundhogs.

:lol: :poke:

I see nothing wrong with them. They're here, and have a right to be. They need to learn some manners though. They eat like animals

With the right spices and recipe you could make an old boot taste good. No thanks, but don’t let me stop ya.

Well, a few years back, an old guy at the local gun club told me he eats them. Says they taste just like pot roast if prepared correctly.
I dont doubt it, I always thought horse tastes like a good pot roast too

I dont doubt it, I always thought horse tastes like a good pot roast too
I ate horse meat often when I lived in Switzerland. Usually a little tougher but good flavor compared to the European beef, wherever that came from. My daughter is an equestrian and those stories drive her nuts.
I’ll eat about anything but I think I’ll take a pass on groundhog until I’m in dire straits.

Those critters are a pain, I got one on my property inside city limits.
Little fat sob was sitting down last fall eating chestnuts, like he owned the place.
That little hole digger dug alot of ground up under my firewood stack, making a mess.
My dad gave me sub-sonic shells to eliminate the pest, but my wife will not let me pull the trigger.

I grew up on a farm and they suck when you hit there hole with a tractor.It can almost throw you out of the seat.
My current residence i had one in the yard when I moved in and just could never get a shot on him.My neighbor told me to put bubblelicious bubble gum in there hole and I never saw him again.

So how does that work. I know boric acid for ants works because they chew their feet off, but bubble gum for ground hogs?

I was told it had to be bubblelicious and they can't digest it.

Don’t have very many ground hogs around here, to much stone in the land or what. I have squirrel problems, my high power air rifle eliminates the problem quickly and quietly but can’t keep up. They say reproduce like rabbits ha they never dealt with squirrels. Guess I need a pet pine marten

A friend of mine used Juicy Fruit chewing gum and it worked very well. I think it works the same as leaving a bowl of Coca Cola for rats to drink. They can't burp or fart, so they just explode. I don't know how the gum works on the G hogs, since gum doesn't give you gas?

-
Back