Who owns this Dart ???

-

Stanton

Reaction score
Seen at Carlisle in 2022. Would like to contact the owner - have a couple questions. Any help is appreciated.

IMG_4934.JPG

IMG_4935.JPG

IMG_4936.JPG

IMG_4940.JPG

IMG_4941.JPG

I really don't give a **** where he placed the badges. But thanks for the useless comments !!

I really don't give a **** where he placed the badges. But thanks for the useless comments !!
Well, maybe all your questions will have some misplaced answers. Besides what kinda questions about a dart can be so hard to figure out .

What the paint code is ... its not a stock color.
The color is"tangelo". You can type it into Google and take a look.
If you like that color you could make it with mopars factory vitamin c orange and gold pearl to the paint until you love it.

Yeah, that's all fine until a year later when some asshole dings your fender and you need to repaint it and have to try to match it. No thanks - I'd prefer a paint code.

Here's my test spray held against the Dart. The problem is the code is for a paint that is no longer available in my area. We tried to match it with another brand but that stuff was absolute crap. And if you're familiar with painters, they like products they're used to so just walking into the shop with a few gallons of House of Color or whatever isn't going to cut it.

The first photo is the Dart, the second is a Mustang. The cars were 600 miles apart! Didn't see the owners of either around the cars.

IMG_4933.JPG

IMG_6344.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, that's all fine until a year later when some asshole dings your fender and you need to repaint it and have to try to match it. No thanks - I'd prefer a paint code.
Any paint shop can mix a paint and after that they will give you a code with the formula.
The paint on the car you pictured is a pearl and even with a code it will be a large blend to get a ding to look like it didn't happen.

Last edited:

Here's my test spray held against the Dart. The problem is the code is for a paint that is no longer available in my area. We tried to match it with another brand but that stuff was absolute crap. And if you're familiar with painters, they like products they're used to so just walking into the shop with a few gallons of House of Color or whatever isn't going to cut it.

The first photo is the Dart, the second is a Mustang. The cars were 600 miles apart! Didn't see the owners of either around the cars.

View attachment 1716151100

View attachment 1716151101
Is that pbc 32 code ?
How many coats do you have on the card 7 or so ?
From what I see on the card to the door picture that is extremely close. Is there a paint shop who can scan your card and mix it for you or is there something in your card that they can't duplicate?

Is that pbc 32 code ?
Its a Matrix Edge code
How many coats do you have on the card 7 or so ?
two coats over white base
From what I see on the card to the door picture that is extremely close. Is there a paint shop who can scan your card and mix it for you or is there something in your card that they can't duplicate?
we're working that angle.

The painter's plan was to switch to Axalta. so they scanned the test and mixed a quart. The result was a very "transparent" paint that required coat after coat after coat to cover and was severely inconsistent from one test panel to the next. We're now looking at "waterborne" - not sure what brand.

Its a Matrix Edge code

two coats over white base

we're working that angle.

The painter's plan was to switch to Axalta. so they scanned the test and mixed a quart. The result was a very "transparent" paint that required coat after coat after coat to cover and was severely inconsistent from one test panel to the next. We're now looking at "waterborne" - not sure what brand.
Well damn, man it used to be so much easier not even 10 years ago.
Well I wish you good luck on getting it figured out.

Well damn, man it used to be so much easier not even 10 years ago.
Its all this EPA bullshit about VOC's !!! Hell, this past summer's forest fires released more VOC's into the atmosphere than paint will in the next 100 years !!!

Its all this EPA bullshit about VOC's !!! Hell, this past summer's forest fires released more VOC's into the atmosphere than paint will in the next 100 years !!!
Agreed, Scientist now found that rocks let out more gases than all the volcanoes so we're stuck with dummies telling us what to do.

How was that a useless comment? Maybe, just maybe it was one of your questions for the owner? How the hell do I know? Your negative response was far more useless sir. You must be lots of fun to have around with that negative attitude . Geesh.

-
Back