Who races a 2bbl carb?

-
i have a friend racing a 65 valant 273 2brl in stock elimanator the funny thing is he might use 3 gal of gas in a weekend if he goes some rounds.

Hey

Anyone just leave the stock carb on and go racing?

I've done it when trying to slow down so as not to get kicked off the track(no cage),then tried leaving in 2nd gear and on a 2bbl but it still wasn't enough to not get a trip to the house. Nothing wrong with running 2bbls as it is more consistant for most combos.

I didn't realize it would be more consistent?

What kind of 2 bbl did you run?

we ran 2bbl alcohals im L/M dirt cars as well, they still turn rpms but not as aggressive as a 4bbl, them open 2bbls do flow and make a diff compared to a 4412.

I ran the 4412 holley on late models and although i was allowed a four bbl ran it on my pro figure eight car also, very consistant coming out of the corners and very crisp throttle responce

I run a 600 double pumper Holley on my Duster with a 360 that runs about 8.10 @ 84 mph in the 1/8 mile. My 60' times are about 1.72. At the track where I race on most Friday nights, my car will spin on the starting line. Most of the time I will disconnect my secondaries and run on the front 2 barrells only. It will slow my Duster down to about 8.50 @ 80 mph and my 60' will slow down to about 1.79, allowing my car to hook instead of spin. I still stall it and shift it at the same rpms [2400-5600] as when I run it with the secondaries connected. It may be a bit more consistent with the 2 barrells only.

I always wonderd about a tunnelram with 2 4412s, i think it would run pretty good.

I'm running this on my mild 440.
The two outside carbs are the primaries and are 350 cfms
The centre carb is a 650 and is the secondary carb(thirdary??? :violent1:)

CopyofSixPacktogo.jpg

-
Back