Who will know need help ASAP

-

williaml

Reaction score
I dropped the old gas tank trying to instal a new tank and sending unit. The new tank I put the sending unit in and now the question the lock ring appears to have 2 tips one more pronounced than the other tip does the bigger tip get placed inside the bevel on the tank or does one tip go on one side and the other tip on the other side.

I can't see what you see, but the lock ring should go completely under the tank tabs

but on the lock ring there are two tips do they go on each side of the tab of the gas tank or does one of the tips go into the tank tab indentation. I think the more and more I look at it theres a tip on either side of the tab. I just want to make sure because I'm tired of smelling dripping gas. I have replaced the filler gasket, then the sensor then since it had a drip I re-did it again. Now bought a new tank since the old tank has so much dirt in it and changed it out so before putting it back in the car I want to make sure. Is it a good idea to fill with water before mounting and see if there is a drip?

Is it a good idea to fill with water before mounting and see if there is a drip?

I wouldn't. When I replaced mine I had to double up on the seal to get enough pressure to seal it. In other words I made another ring to go in there like the one you already installed. The newer parts aren't as thick as the old ones.

it was correct re-installed new tank and sending unit - NO LEAKS.....Great thanks for all the help guys....

-
Back