Who would you let rebuild your Holley carb?

-
It runs pretty decent with the 600. Do you think it will need more cfm's?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlcinz9X54M"]Picture 3086 - YouTube[/ame]

Use it for now. Fix the 750 and try it out. Then take your pick.

It runs pretty decent with the 600. Do you think it will need more cfm's?
Picture 3086 - YouTube

That's yesterday's video. The reluctor gap was off and we had a weak spark. After adjusting it today, we got it running much smoother. Don't judge by the sound in the video.

Chuck didn't you get a little video of it today that you can post so they can hear it now it's running much better/smoother and starts easily. :D

Even during the initial break in, it will still be fun to drive with that 600 carb on it. Just wait until you drive it.... :glasses7: :burnout:

Since you don't have a ton of lift, the the 600 may be just fine; if it were a 650, I would say yes. And if no porting or headers, then I would be comfortable with the 600; the breathing restriction will be elsewhere. If it is small, it shouldn't do any damage; it will just run out of poop at higher RPM's a bit sooner.

My guess is you still have garbage in the carb you rebuilt, or it is not adjusted right.
Tear it back apart and boil it in a crock pot with a mixture of 50/50 simple green and water. Lowe's has a huge crock pot on sale now for $24.
Get on Holley's website and understand how to adjust it.
Dave Emauel has a excellent book of rebuilding holley carbs, find a used one cheap on e-bay and memorize the entire book, you will be surprised how much you use the book.
I use mine alot.
Only use genuine holley parts on the overhaul.

Keep in mind that a new 750 electric choke holley is only $325 new.

Here is the dialed in video. It does have TTI headers and cherry bomb mufflers. I will be changing the intake to an airgap and later a cam change and maybe adding my MSD system. I just used the cam that came with the car as a starting point. The car hasn't ran in 3 years since I tore it apart due to the body shop screwing me around.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqpZrZdmNRk&feature=youtu.be"]Picture 3088 - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back