Whole house filter system

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
Anybody using 1..we just purchase a house 2 months ago and notice when it rain a few days the water looks cloudy..i see they range from few hundred to few thousand hopefully I can get it done a few hundred lol

You can get one at your local hardware store. I would recommend one with a clear filter bowl so that you can see if it needs changed before recommend time. One is made that has a built in shutoff that closes both sides of the line. It makes changing filters almost spill proof. Different filters are available also, sediment only, charcoal added to remove some impurities and improve tast, etc. if you want better purification a reverse osmosis system can be added for around $200 more. I have both.
Yote

I was just looking at a whole house filter, with backwash system. Activated manually.
I was running a ceramic pellet system by rainfresh, but the control valve system wore out.

If your water is drawn from a well, there is a serious problem, groundwater is entering your well.
That is a health risk and needs to be dealt with. The costs should fall on the previous owner.

My water is drawn from the river a few hundred feet away,if its very windy we get turbidity, the need for filters to protect the water heater and other things is important.

Yes it's from a well pond behind the house so I'm wondering now ....but it's down hill

Earthmover, if i was you i would seriously think about getting your water tested. Surface water making it into a well carries some pretty serious bacteria. The earlier mentioned reverse osmosis system is a good choice as well as ozone treatment.

We dont drink our river water,washing,laundry and so forth. Do use it for cooking, but heating water kills the risky stuff.

-
Back