who's building cable shifter a727 auto's

-

pomonamissel

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for a good tranny guy here local to me in the calif sfba to build a couple of early type trannies . would like a honest reliable trust worthy guy or gal that will build a great trans for back door cash and stand behind there build . and will get or and pay for all the parts . transgo is componets i want to use . would rather give some fellow member bucks then some blind company .

Yeah, he lives in your kitchen, tell him to read up and get to it! Super simple to deal with.

i've done everything else , but your right i can get fat hav'n something else done, lol . is there a dumbies guild to do them . what would be the best books on them ? would like to know what is the trick n not .

Carl Munroe's "How to rebuild or modify Chrysler's A-727 torqueflite for all applications". Great book, very detailed. I also have used the ATSG 727/904 manual, but a lot of their info is included in Carl's book. The only problem I ran into when rebuilding my '65 was putting a TF-2 kit in the cable shifted valve body. They are different enough from the newer ones that I had to contact Transgo for the correct procedures, as it wasn't addressed in their instructions.

thanks you for the heads up info , on the book and the procedures info . i've just ordered a couple of kits , though pdq in sac , ca . there stuff is transgo . got a few to renew and modify . so i'll be hands on for a few though n though . learn as i go . i used many different tranny guys for years now . but there dead or retired out , their were great at them . hope i can get there too . its funny , i just found my first home garage made breaker bar . about two foot long bent on a 90 deg ground ends on a bench grinder to a 3/8 drive for a socket , made from hex tool steel . thats what i used to tear down my 66 commando 383 , and a833 trans as well . thinking of mounting it to a plank and putting it on display , lol . it was unbreakable , can't say that about any other tools in the snap on box , lol .

and ya there is a different valve body in 65 , i'll get to them time my time , two 65 autos in the fleet . for now it is a couple 64 loadflites and a 64 torqueflite , then a 63 tf , etc....

-
Back