Who's Carpet Kit???

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Can you guys recommend a decently priced carpet kit that actually fits? I'm getting ready to re-carpet my 68 Dart. I haven't bought a carpet kit in a really long time. Is ACC still the 'go-to,' or are there other companies that are better?

Also, Do you guys prefer the traditional 80/20 loop, or the cut and pile?

Thanks!

I'm trying to find out the same for my 65. I might go with summit.

So, it looks like Trim Parts (which Summit sells) and ACC are the big names. Any of you guys have any advice?

I got an ACC a few months a go for my Duster. The color was almost spot on. The cut and shape could have been better. I think I paid 149 or 159 with shipping. About five years ago I got one for the Valiant fitment in that was was better, color was black so hard to mess that up. If I needed another I guess I would have to buy from them. Good Luck.

I used the Trim Parts carpet out of OHIO for my Barracuda, left it out in the sun for a while and it went right in. I thought the fit was pretty good, just had to trim a few places to make it look the way I wanted it but over all I was happy with it.
Bob

I think mine came from A-1 Auto.... It needs some steaming to lay down better but settled quite a bit since this was taken.
vbpgimage.php

Got ACC carpet black loop type with 4 speed hump. First set i sent back didnt fit worth a crap. second set was better but not by much. When you fit it around the hump the seam is crooked. I got a set years ago for a 69 charger 4 speed from ACC it dropped right into place perfectly. Quality has slipped alot. I would not reccommend them.

-
Back