Whos running 15x3.5s on the street?

-

lead69

hopeless car junkie
Reaction score
I have a chance to put some 15x3.5 draglites on the front of my 340 duster cheap and it would help the budget to get this thing on the road sooner.The only concearn is I plan on driving the car about 300 miles round trip a couple times a year and its not neccisarily high speed but I dont want to have a bunch of understeer in the corners ect.I used to run 15x6s with 205x75x15 tires on a 3,700 lbs. car and it hadled pretty good considering how skinny the combo was on a big car.I also know alot of local guys running the 15x3.5s w 165x15s regularly but I figured I would ask for some experiences here since its a a-body forum-of course weld says they are strip only but we all know why that is in todays world of lawsuits,thanks.

I have run them before with vw tires (165R-15) on them and you need to watch your speed going into a corner. On the "race only" thing, it is more like they are not DOT approved and not the lawsuit thing about the rating.

Chuck

I've run them b4 also with M/T sportsman 26" tires, Not bad if you used common sense, but got a little hairy around turns at 100 mph lol

I don't street drive my car anymore, but have run them (Centerline 15x3 1/2" with 600x15's) for many thousands of miles in the past. No problems at all as long as you watch out for potholes. As far as handling goes they work fine as long as you obey the speed limit. One look at the car with them on should tell you it will not corner as well. Meant nothing to me as I always babied the car and drove 5mph under the limit anyway to save it for the strip. (The only good street machine is a bus!) Always got a lot of looks and comments (positive) on them when I ran them on the street. To me a car just does not look right without skinny front tires.

i run then on two of my vehicle's i got a 67 barracuda with a big block and a 72 dodge d-150 and i drive them on the street all the time and long as u use common sense and dont fly around corners its not a problem..

I ran 175-75-15 Hoosier quick times on the front of my Barracuda on a 15X5" rim. Wasnt bad just dont go drifting.

Ran 15 x 3.5 centerlines on the front of my 71 Duster all through high school along with some 90-10 front shocks, no problems as long as you slow for corners especially in the rain.

-
Back