why an i doing this to myself !!!

-

65-440

Reaction score
Bought this '72 scamp a few weeks ago. What was supposed to be a fairly quick touch up and enjoy project had now turned into a full blown teardown and rebuild ! For the first week i was all into it and tearing it apart, now i don't even wanna look at it !!

Put it back together and drive it. Or did you do something really crazy, ha ha ?!

Bought this '72 scamp a few weeks ago. What was supposed to be a fairly quick touch up and enjoy project had now turned into a full blown teardown and rebuild ! For the first week i was all into it and tearing it apart, now i don't even wanna look at it !!

I have a piece of garage art like that too. I just either feel too bad to be able to work on it or if I do feel decent I am buried with crap I have to get done.

My biggest thing when I did my valiant was working thru my crohns disease. But I ended up putting in 500 hours in 6 months. Trust me its all worth it in the end. Everyone works at there own pace but what I've found is the fast you knock it out the less money spend (replacing lost parts). Now I'm doing my buddies mustang and other buddies dart.

I have no pity on myself either, but never had plans to go this far so soon !!! It will be back on the road by next spring, no way I'm letting this marinate in my garage forever .... at least that's what I tell the wife !! just spent almost $600 just on weatherstripping, and didn't even get everything .... this is going to be a long winter !

I have no pity on myself either, but never had plans to go this far so soon !!! It will be back on the road by next spring, no way I'm letting this marinate in my garage forever .... at least that's what I tell the wife !! just spent almost $600 just on weatherstripping, and didn't even get everything .... this is going to be a long winter !

Long winter? It just turned summer so lets not hurry it by yet and just enjoy what little nice weather we get here lol!

-
Back