Why are there so many Dodge Scamps?

-
Scamps look a lot better with the '70 Dart style bumble bee stripes on them. And adding the twin scoops yeah that makes them look even better.

Speaking of which, I always wondered about a certain "past member's" user name......... :)

I wonder if there was ever a picture?
I'm sure there are a couple around here but you'd have to dig DEEP.

I never understood the appeal to the Dart stripe either, while mine isn't all that stock I still had to go with a sorta oem style stripe. It was also fun to park it next to dad's Duster and watch people scratch their heads at a show.

scamp.jpg

I never understood the appeal to the Dart stripe either, while mine isn't all that stock I still had to go with a sorta oem style stripe. It was also fun to park it next to dad's Duster and watch people scratch their heads at a show.

View attachment 1716006588
I've always liked how you did that. It looks like something the factory should have done.

View attachment 1716006588
Definitely a nice color, stripe, scoop combination in my opinion...... and like the 318 Too!

That was a good handle.
Yeah it ran its course though. I had to sell that car and LOTS of other things associated with it because we almost lost the house. That was when I advertised probably ten sets of big block blocks, cranks, intakes and heads, including 906s, 915s, 346s, 452s.......and LOTS of other stuff dirt cheap and no one bit. So it all got scrapped back when it was over $15 per hundred pounds. I had already hung an 8 3/4 3.91 sure grip under that car and it had disc brakes on the front.

At least the stripe is a sign that the owner doesn't know the difference between a Dodge and a Plymouth, and should probably be avoided. :p

Anyway, this conversation is better than the usual "How big of a tire can I fit?" and "What oil should I use?".... :thumbsup:

To each his own. Most of the Dodges with bumble bee stripes didn't come with them, like my 70 Dart Custom, but then it didn't come with a 340 either...

I remember a dude in the late 70s early 80s had a gray primered scamp with BUMBLE BEE DECAL. i REMEMBER THINKING "WHY OVER PRIMER...?"

-
Back