Why did Mopar make so many green cars?

-
Just a few years ago it was metallic tan/gold.

Mopar also just ran "Commando" which looks an awful lot like F7 or F8-

IMG_20180120_134636.jpg

See post above yours ^^^

Dont forget there are green Chevelles and For Torinos on the road in 1970 also, they are all guilty of doing it. Stoves, and refrigertaors, washers and dryers, all painted the same shades of green...

Dont forget there are green Chevelles and For Torinos on the road in 1970 also, they are all guilty of doing it. Stoves, and refrigertaors, washers and dryers, all painted the same shades of green...
Because it simply looks better than any other color, looks fast sitting still! And the obvious answer cause chicks dig it! Not that I am bias in any way and or subject to being trolled!

IMG_0170.JPG

I have two green Mopars. The first one matches the trees and the second one about glows in the dark!

49EC2202-DFD8-4EDE-94A6-0E8D47B818BD.jpeg

AEA26CC2-5984-4652-AA55-CA7CE4721075.jpeg

E5534063-A821-47E9-AB09-D4C4B53D61EB.jpeg

My car was triple green but now that the interiors black it's only 2/3 as fast as it was before. And i don't know why people complain because now green isn't a common color and I like seeing green cars.

Screenshot_20180211-153159.png

A troll who constantly bashes Mopars on another site asked this question. We know Earth-tones were popular around 1970 with all of the Big 3 because of the "save the Earth" mood. But why was green seen on so many Mopars? Anyone here have special knowledge of this?

No special knowledge other than I am old enough to have been there, Goldfish.

Has nothing to do with the present 'greenie religion' and their self aggrandizing 'save the planet' mantra. As if mankind had the power to either destroy or to 'save' the planet. That nonsense wasn't even in the public forum back then.

Fast cars sell. Flashy cars sell. And fast cars painted flashy colours sell even better. That's the way it was in the late '60s and early '70s and that's the way it is now. Simple as that.

When I returned Stateside and mustered out of the Marine Corps in late '67, I bought a new Rally Green '68 Camaro. The following year, as my family began growing and I needed a functional rear seat and more trunk space, I special ordered a Rally Green '69 Nova SS with the L-78 375 HP 396 engine and solid lifter cam. That thing ate 429 Boss Mustangs for dinner.

Big block wedge and hemi MOPARs earned my respect, though. So the next year, I bought a new Limelight Green 1970 Roadrunner with the 440 6-pack engine. Changed out the carbs for the dealer-only over the counter high performance upgrades with mechanical secondaries and there wasn't much that would touch it. All were 4-speed cars.

When my Brother-in-Law mustered out of the Army in 1970, he bought a new Challenger painted bright orange. Not a racer (had a 318 and automatic), but it was a sharp looking car, nonetheless. Rode and handled better than the Mustangs and Camaros of the time.

Truth is...... Some people just like the colour green. Personally, I think MOPAR Sublime Green and the newer Camaro Synergy Green are both pretty good looking colours on the right car.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

Last edited:
Wasn't there something about the police back in the day pulling over the "fast" colored cars? the Plum Crazy, the Go Mango, the Citron yella, they would be police targets. A subtle colored performance car just may creep on by if it just cruised by quietly...true story, when I bought my '70 340 Swinger, it had been repainted silver, by the time I bought it, it looked like gray primer :) story was that the cops were always looking for the car, prolly the only Plum Crazy car in town in the late 70's early 80's...

my lemon twist/top banana Super Bee sure attracted a LOT more attention than any red car.

it was called "tennis ball yellow" and "arrest me yellow" a few times.

my plum crazy/in violet Duster, OTOH, was kind of a "stealth" HIP color.

not nearly the double take factor.

I kind of appreciated that.

still HIP but less "arrest me" factor.

-
Back