why do the police speed?

-
Friends with an AZ DPS officer. I asked him this. He said, speaking only about himself, he is always looking for certain things. Drugs & stolen cars. Area he patrols is well known for both. He runs with out lights and sirens, often, so that he doesn't announce his presence. He told me that he is paid to observe. We were eating lunch, he was constantly scanning.

FWIW....people are far too quick to judge cops and there actions. Not easy to go into a situation that could kill you.....buddy has looked down the business end of several weapons...

When a cop ends up being accused of brutality....often times the only thing that the media covers is what "fits"...ain't no different than the thread on here that was recently closed...the one where a member was accused of being shady in regards to a steering wheel. There is ALWAYS 2 sides to the story. Buddy was involved in a case where a suspect was "apprehended" by a k9. All the news covered was how many stitches and staples it took to close the guy up. Didn't say much about the suspect...and how he was beating the hell out of prostitutes, dumping them in seldom,traveled areas. Didn't talk about how this guy led the cops on a 45 minutes pursuit. Didn't talk about him ramming a few cop cars. Didn't talk about how my buddy attempted to convince the guy to surrender for 45 minutes prior to turning the dog loose.

Can't wait to go out on a ride-a-long.

Depts have policy on how fast a car can go over the posted speed limit with lights on and lights off, but thats a CYA thing for the boss man..

Cops get comfortable, and there is little to no accountability for them, but you can note the car number and call or stop by the dept and file a formal complaint.
Once isn't a big deal, but when a pattern starts to form, the bossman takes notice

I came from a small town and worked volunteer fire.
we never ran above the speed limit unless we needed to roll code. why the hell do i see cops runnning 65 in a 45 all day? (San Jose)

are they trying to ketch the car in front that they cant see? is their radio broke?

What gives?

Please drive like your kids live here...
me thinks, because they can !

me thinks, because they can !
I`ve done ride alongs w/ my daughter. there are situations where they don`t want to be letting everyone know their coming. a lot in fact, they could be watching some one for something besides speeding.

-
Back