Why do we do what we do? Garage shots.

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Ya know, First week of November was weirdly warm here so me and wifey took out the Demon for a final blast. Had a ball, spanked some freakin' kid in a LX .......wifey giggling, car running like a beast in the 60 degree air. All is GREAT!

Back in the garage for winter. I decide maybe I need a little more cam. YOU know, it loses that "kick" after awhile. Car runs 11's, but didn't feel like it did...

OK. Might as well go to a BIG, SOLID roller. what the heck.

Crap! Gotta have Brian port my heads for bigtime flow. Yeah. That's easy. Ah wait a minute. Might as well have him port a Super Victor since my AirGap is 4 years old.
And geez, might as well re-ring it since it has a whole 5000 miles on it.

My friends think I'm crazy. Sometimes I think I'm crazy......but I know some of you guys are JUST LIKE ME. Are we crazy or just always reaching for more?

So I SHOULD have a really nice clean garage, with a 71 Demon 340 asleep under a cover, and instead...you see from the pics what I have.

p.s. Ain't it great what we do? :)

Attachments

• one.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 900
  • two.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 860
  • three.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 879
  • four.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 872
  • six.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 869
  • five.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 879
Dude,compared to my garage it looks like youre working in a hospital. Way to keep it sanitary.

Agreed...too clean! A good old fashion tranny leak would sure spruce up the place!!! :)

Looks sterile like a hospital operating room! Sure wish mine was as clean and bright.

the thing that struck me was the thought of having to tuck it away for winter. my plymouth is a daily driver and i refuse to drive newer cars because it keeps me sane. granted its a stock slant six. but it keeps me happy while driving it.

I don't even have a garage, you can call home and ask my wife.

You have to be over 30 to remember that line. :D

Getting back to your question"Why do we do what we do"? Well for me winter has alot to do with it.Like you at this time of the year the gears in the brain start to turn,,you think "Yeah, I got a cool car",,,"BUT" (That's the kicker right there!).We can't help it we have to "Tinker". When people ask what I do for a livin',, "I'm a Tinker-er.I fiddle,change,improve,play and sometimes un-fortune-ate-lee,,screw things up, JUST to start the gears in the head to keep thinking,,,"OH,now you done it".Guess it's time to IMPROVE again. For several months now I have a 63 Belvedere sleeping in the car trailer.My wife said "When you gonna start on that thing?" responce,,"I'm thinking!!".
The goal is to have it ready for the MATS show in April.Much like the 64 Dart project it's gonna have lots of Patina but be all new with a 500 inch big block under that tattered 51 year old skin.That gives about 12-ish weeks to finish,, starting in the next few days.
Keep on doin' what you do !!

It's not THAT organized. Like someone said, white walls and clean floor. Makes everything LOOK real clean.

Brian is Brian H. IMM engines. He's responsible for my old combo.....410 stroker made 519 HP and 529 torque. He's now porting my IMM/Indy heads and a Super Victor, and spec'd out my new cam. I THINK everything is on the way to me as we speak.

Tell ya what, guys. I pounded the snot outta that thing for 4 summers, shifting at 6800 and that bottom end looked beautiful. I'm gonna run the original rods and mains. They look that good. Obviously it was a great build. All SCAT stuff, with Icon forged pistons.

-
Back