Why does eveybody in PA live 300 miles from me???

-

montec79

'69 Swinger reborn
Reaction score
Lets see, Obviously I am in PA now, from Jersey. Started with dodges when I was a kid (got that from MOM). After my 72 Charger was stolen I moved into the Chevy world (Sorry guys, still love my Montes...) now it seems to my Dodge buddies delight I have morphed back into the Mopar world. Makes nascar weekends interesting... :toothy5: . History as of now is my buddy had this 69 Dart since high school or so (in our 30's now) kept it in really good shape, installed a 383 out of his old newport or something, I forget now. Stripped down his rotted 70's dart and drove it this way for some time. You guys in jersey should know that a dui will cost you a fortune, so he couldnt afford to insure it anymore. Kept it stored on a paved drive way then finally got his own place. Joking around with him and the peice of junk in his drive I made an offer. After many "FART" jokes from the wife I now own this BB rocket. Being that I cant leave things alone I now have a shell in the garage. (you all should know that the Buick/Chevy was booted to the street for the project...LOL) IOts in pretty good shape except the normal floor rot, drivers only so thats good. The fenders are rotted on the top rails, so thats going to be interesting to fix. Cars stripped of everything but the motor (no engine hoist yet, need to borrow one from somebody) and will be in the process of trying to do all of the work myself. I joined this site and one other so far www.bigblockdart.com .These sites have proved to be a wealth of info about the specific work that I am trying to do.Wide tires, front disc swap and with any amount of luck a 4 speed setup. The latter has proved to be difficult to find for a BB a-body for my relativley small budgit. AdamR, spring relocation tips...excellant am in the midst of that project.I figure it will never be stripped this far down after its put back together so why not just do it now. Theres alot of nice cars and info here. when I have the time I will keep you updated on the darts progress. I have alot to read on these pages so get used to the name...LOL. Will send pics when I shrink them down. Apparently the files are to big(....AHHHHHHHHH another project..... :sad2: )

Welcome to the site :thumblef: Ever thought how come maybe "you" live 300 miles from everyone else in PA :-k

pic4.JPG

300miles??? I didn't realize PA was that big. LOL

Welcome to the forums, from TX <--- the 2nd largest state (yeah, the frozen tundra of Alaska has us beat in square miles).

:burnout:

Welcome to the board. I belong to a few sites including BBD. Another you might want to try is MOPARSA2Z.com It has a very good tech section.

Jack

welcome to the board, i`m kind of new here too. i`m in the scranton area. i have a 71 big block dart. feel free to email me with any questions [email protected] where are you located?

hey montec 300 miles? take a 0 off of that I'm in Shohola 5mins from Milford
65rbdodge you are probably 40 miles. sounds like we could probably get a meet at somepoint.

there is a car club out here that I used to belong to about 15 years ago that still meets up in the nice weather. I will probably join up again since I have the dart now.

Hello everybody and thanx for the welcomes :thumblef: ....69signetV8, I have thought about that was just hoping nobody else did...LOL. I am located around Fogelsville a town called brienigsville actually. Coyote, seems yours looks a bit like mine at this point. OK, OK so 300 was just a little bit to much, I hope to have this thing done by the summer. Between the Harley and the dart I should be able to keep busy with the shows and such. Being new to PA I will have to look up these areas and see if I get around them at work. I work on cranes so I am all over every day.65rbdodge I am sure I will be taking you up on the offer, more or less I need to find stuff right now to keep working on. 2 kids, wife, holiday and one paycheck makes the parts hunt slow...LOL. I have a yard around here that hasa ton of old dodges in it(the only one I have found so far) but havent been able to get the guy to work with me yet. Will work on it though...

tearing down.jpg

trail rfront.jpg

truck dart.jpg

bigbad&ugly2.jpg

Wow, I did't realize so many of you live here in the keystone state with me. I live in Harrisburg. We need to exchange local car show info and cruises for next summer.

Also another Pa, Friend. I am in Central Pa. Clearfield, Dubois, area. I host a All mopar show in late summer, at C. Classic Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep in Clearfield. This was My second year, I had close to 100 cars, A Special Display of 3 Super Factory Lightweight Hemi cars owned by a Friend of mine. A 1968 Hurst Hemi Dart, the 64 Dodge "Hemi Honker", and the 1965 A-990 of 67 World Champion,Ed Miller. I also had Tom Hoover, Godfather of the 426 Hemi as a special guest, as well as Bud Faubel of Chambersburg, and Driver of the Line of Honkers from the 60's, and Don Fezell, 60's Drag Racer, and Collector. All talked with show car owners, talked old Drag Racing, and Signed everything under the sun. Hope all could make this show. It is growing and was a great time. I hope you enjoy the site, Mark A. Coudriet

montec79 said:
Hello everybody and thanx for the welcomes :thumblef: ....69signetV8, I have thought about that was just hoping nobody else did...LOL. I am located around Fogelsville a town called brienigsville actually. Coyote, seems yours looks a bit like mine at this point. OK, OK so 300 was just a little bit to much, I hope to have this thing done by the summer. Between the Harley and the dart I should be able to keep busy with the shows and such. Being new to PA I will have to look up these areas and see if I get around them at work. I work on cranes so I am all over every day.65rbdodge I am sure I will be taking you up on the offer, more or less I need to find stuff right now to keep working on. 2 kids, wife, holiday and one paycheck makes the parts hunt slow...LOL. I have a yard around here that hasa ton of old dodges in it(the only one I have found so far) but havent been able to get the guy to work with me yet. Will work on it though...

Hay Montec79, just think of it as a ice braker into the site. Just about anytime I need anything physical it seems everyone else lives on the moon. Hope ya have fun with your rebuild....keep us posted dude. :salut:

Hey, Montec79. You need a "welcome" from the west coast. :drinkers: I'm in northern CA, 3,000 miles away. Have fun in the site. It's a kool place.
Rich :notworth:
P.S.-Just had a guy drive by my house today, saw my 'Cudas up the driveway on a hill(10 acres), & before he left I helped him load a 273 into his truck for his '65 'Cuda. He needed it, & I need the 360 he has for my flatbed. Kool, huh? :)

-
Back