Why I fell off the FABO Forum

-

Duggie

Reaction score
Hello Gear Heads, Merry Christmas!

A year ago, my wife called me from the kitchen floor. Doing what? Laying low because of a drive by shootout in front of our house in Tacoma WA. Called the police and said I had video footage of the car and the guy sitting on the passenger windowsill, shooting over the hood of his car at the car in front of them. Police said if no one calls in with an injury, it's not a crime and they don't need to see the footage. We moved...

Prepping the house to sell and moving took us into March '23 and the fixer upper we moved into has me working overtime to make this house our home. Great neighborhood in Lacey on a half-acre with Black Tale deer eating all the plants in the yard. Three to five gun shots a week in Tacoma and at least four police sirens a day. Not one gun shot or siren in the new neighborhood since we moved down here last March.

Prepping and selling the old house and remodeling this house while still punching a timecard has me burning the candle at both ends. Haven't looked up at anything but remodel, sell, buy and remodel some more since the shootout. The great news besides the new digs is 'Dolley the Dart' has been running great on nothing more than oil changes.

So that's why I fell off the face of the FABO forum a year ago. I have a ways to go before I get to look at hobbies again, but I've been thinking of all you guys and how the dream of my honey driving a '64 Dart like she drove 45 years ago would have never happened without all of you sharing your skill, knowledge and parts.

Merry Christmas to all of you from Lacey WA and I'm wishing you all the best New Year possible!

A year ago, my wife called me from the kitchen floor. Doing what? Laying low because of a drive by shootout in front of our house in Tacoma WA. Called the police and said I had video footage of the car and the guy sitting on the passenger windowsill, shooting over the hood of his car at the car in front of them. Police said if no one calls in with an injury, it's not a crime and they don't need to see the footage. We moved...

Prepping the house to sell and moving took us into March '23 and the fixer upper we moved into has me working overtime to make this house our home. Great neighborhood in Lacey on a half-acre with Black Tale deer eating all the plants in the yard. Three to five gun shots a week in Tacoma and at least four police sirens a day. Not one gun shot or siren in the new neighborhood since we moved down here last March.

Prepping and selling the old house and remodeling this house while still punching a timecard has me burning the candle at both ends. Haven't looked up at anything but remodel, sell, buy and remodel some more since the shootout. The great news besides the new digs is 'Dolley the Dart' has been running great on nothing more than oil changes.

So that's why I fell off the face of the FABO forum a year ago. I have a ways to go before I get to look at hobbies again, but I've been thinking of all you guys and how the dream of my honey driving a '64 Dart like she drove 45 years ago would have never happened without all of you sharing your skill, knowledge and parts.

Merry Christmas to all of you from Lacey WA and I'm wishing you all the best New Year possible!
Glad you’re safe!

And merry Christmas to you too

Yeah, I bought the house I was born and raised in, in Macon, Georgia. The neighborhood was still decent then. As time went by, it got to where we heard gunshots everyday. I finally had enough and we moved into an adjacent county out in the country and never looked back. Been out here 21 years now and love it. Welcome back.

It's amazing what Cops won't take reports on... Back in 1993 I was driving home from work doing 70 MPH on the crosstown freeway in Stockton Ca. when a bullet came in through my windshield & exited through the drivers door.... I wasn't gonna stop there but turned around & went back to where I worked & called the cops.... They wouldn't even come out to take a report... Told me straight out, there is zero chance of finding & prosecuting the shooter so it would only add the the already terrible crime statistics connected to Stockton Ca...

Good to hear you GTFO and life is getting better...

Back in 93 I did the same... It seems the survival instinct is strong with the Mopar brethren...

It's amazing what Cops won't take reports on... Back in 1993 I was driving home from work doing 70 MPH on the crosstown freeway in Stockton Ca. when a bullet came in through my windshield & exited through the drivers door.... I wasn't gonna stop there but turned around & went back to where I worked & called the cops.... They wouldn't even come out to take a report... Told me straight out, there is zero chance of finding & prosecuting the shooter so it would only add the the already terrible crime statistics connected to Stockton Ca...

Back in 93 I did the same... It seems the survival instinct is strong with the Mopar brethren...
Pretty ridiculous, because I guarantee you every city in the country has laws against discharging firearms in the city limits. There's your crime right there and to have it on video and they not do anything is ridiculous.

Thanks you guys! I hope to be back to my version of "normal" by summer. Till then it will be hit and miss.

Merry Christmas and glad you are happy in your new home. A great neighbourhood sure makes a difference. We moved from the city 7 years ago, and have no regrets.......You won't either. Welcome back:thumbsup:

Pretty ridiculous, because I guarantee you every city in the country has laws against discharging firearms in the city limits. There's your crime right there and to have it on video and they not do anything is ridiculous.
It really is ridiculous, Rusty. We tried to stick it out with volunteering, lobbying and voting to no avail.

Sometimes you gotta shoot back. lol
Merry Christmas, glad you had the time to stop in, take care.

I remember a case once where a driver or their passenger was struck by a bullet on a freeway in CA. I don't remember the details, but I do vividly remember finding out that multiple cars had been hit on that stretch for YEARS and it was finally tracked to some crackpot with a chip on their shoulder. Cops had to put out info requests on the news to get old victims to come forward because no cop or highway patrol had taken any reports over those years, despite knowing it was ongoing and regular - same BS, low chance of capture and not dangerous enough (yet) to justify trying.

Glad OP acted fast and got out. The alternative is risky as all hell. Lots of beautiful places in WA, but man if there aren't millions hell bent on making it unlivable.

Glad to hear you got out and found a better place to live. I moved from Denver to just outside Vancouver 25 years ago and I don't miss the city at all. Everyone out here is on at least a couple of acres and sirens are maybe once a month if that. Crime sucks especially when it runs rampant. Enjoy your new digs and hurry back!

I moved away from Detriot. Sure understand where youre coming from.

congratulations on getting the heck out of that place !
Merry Christmas !

If , a bullet hit my house , I`d be returning fire ....

Merry Christmas to all from St Charles Missouri.

Welcome back!

I remember the summary you posted a year or two or three ago driving your cars up from California (??) to get settled into your new place.

Merry Christmas!

Duggie, you can come and go as you please here. We miss you when you’re gone, and worry about your well being. We love it when you’re here with us, and hope you come around more often. We are all a family here, and we respect your need to be with your family, even if it means a long absence. Glad to hear you are out of that situation, and into a safer place for you and your family. Merry Christmas, and glad to have you back.

-
Back