Why is my psgr inner fender "modified"?

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am working on my engine bay and noticed where the previous owner has used a bfg on the passenger inner fender in the shock tower area. The car is a 71 Duster, originally a /6 and has had a 360 in it and I believe prev owner was trying to put a BB in it but ran into issues with the K frame. My guess would be headers.

Yeah I typed bfg, pretty good, more coffee. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• WP_20140928_001.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 187
If no other ripples in the inner fenderwell or frame rails, I'd say headers too.

If no other ripples in the inner fenderwell or frame rails, I'd say headers too.
Airgrabber,
Thanks for your response, the reason I'm asking is I want to clean that up (only with bondo) and I'm wondering how likely it will be that it would get damaged or that I would have the need to clearance it again.

the reason I'm asking is I want to clean that up (only with bondo) and I'm wondering how likely it will be that it would get damaged or that I would have the need to clearance it again.
it will probably be ok with some high quality filler if it isn't rusted. if it is , I would cut out the rust and tack a patch in there then a little filler. you shouldn't have to clearance it again.

it will probably be ok with some high quality filler if it isn't rusted. if it is , I would cut out the rust and tack a patch in there then a little filler. you shouldn't have to clearance it again.

Okay, thanks will consider a patch.

-
Back