Why not post a picture of your "for sale" item

-
Yep;honesty now days is a rare commodity proof by pics is probably the best alternative however if you are a snake you have learned to sliver at an early age and you can never be honest

What eats at me is if there IS a picture and it looks like a UFO or BIGFOOT picture....:banghead: preview the dang pic before it's sent! :D

I find it easy to post pics on ebay but difficult on here ive bought and sold much stuff on ebay if you use paypal in a dispute the buyer always wins

I always include a pic or 4 in my for sale ads despite my archaic camera and computer setup. My phone won't upload pics here, but to me its worth the time and effort to make an accurate description with pics! That's just part of selling online! I also don't buy anything unless I can look it over, so blurry pics don't help me decide one bit!!

If you want to sell online, be prepared to go the extra mile and do the job right!! Geof

I have to agree. I like to see what I'm buying, no matter who it is from. I always add picture's to my for sale threads and sometime it helps out or it don't.

x2 unless i forget to post pics

all these forums are closely monitored by resellers lookin to buy desirable parts cheap which will show up on ebay or carlile at extreme prices by using the pm they are not as obvious

I buy and sell a few things here and there.
I also take pics of everything I sell or ship.
Saves a lot of hassle for everyone.

I won't buy anything from anyone without pics first,
especially if it ain't within driving distance.

Your internet cred means nothing to me if we're
dealing with my cash.

I don't understand why people are so anal about pictures. If somebody that's in good standing gives a description, it is what it is. Personally, I get sick and tired of all the damned picture collectors. I've posted and sent pics via email and never hear anything back. It cuts both ways. To me, either you want the damned thing or you don't.

Sorry Rob, this may seem to be the case, but often the buyer is not familiar with the seller, or whether or not he / she is in "good standing". Also, what constitutes a "good description" to the seller may be inadequate for the buyer; they may need info not disclosed in the "good description".

And as far as the term "picture collectors", that is a phrase coined by lazy sellers as far as I'm concerned. I've wasted too much of my time driving a considerable distance to make a purchase based on the sellers description, just to find that the item was mis-represented.

all ads should have nice large well lit clear pictures or be deleted in my opinion. i'm not sending money to anyone without pictures of the parts before hand.

This!

Most forums I visit have a mandatory picture required for ads or the ad is deleted. You should post your location, price, detailed description, and pictures.

Saves everyone time.

-
Back