Why we do this

-

grumpuscreature

Resident Curmudgeon
Reaction score
In case you ever get to wonderin' if all the money and time we pour into this hobby is worth it, here's a little reminder. Right now I have a deliriously happy 13 year old 'cause he helped dad change a starter on the car. I broke all the fasteners loose and did the final tightening, but he did everything else with an assist now and then. Know it wasn't hard since Hester has a slant, but it's a big deal to him and he will probably carry the experience with him for the rest of his life. Don't know about you, but I think that's reason enough to have an old Mopar around. :thumbrig:

So true! I let my little man work on the duster all the time. I let him help when I change the oil in the cars & truck. He loves to run the impact gun the Best!

Same goes for me. My 13 yr old son loves being able to tell anyone what we have been doing to "Our Car". Even if his interest starts to fade I still have the car and when he gets older he at least has working knowledge of cars and wont have to rely on other people to tell him what could be wrong if he has car trouble. The best part is the time we get 1 on 1 and the fun we have.

My 4 year old grandson loves to sit in the Dart and pretend he's driving...he keeps asking for the keys though...

My 13 year old helper became a 23 year old mechanic, gotta love it :-D

Turning wrenches with Dad is a great thing. The bonding and the experience are things that you`ll both benefit from in years to come.

Yeah turning wrenchs with the little ones is great.Instead of dad though,its grandpa.I have a 13 year old ,7 year old and a 6 year old.Always big smiles when they get to help.

My 4 year old grandson loves to sit in the Dart and pretend he's driving...he keeps asking for the keys though...

I used to do that when I was that little. Every time we'd go somewhere, I'd get to start the car (never got old!) too. I wish my kid brothers (10 and 8) were more like me though, they don't give a rat's a** about my Duster. I even bought a go-kart thinking they'd like to share it with me, but of course, all they care about are playing video games and pretending with little army and LEGO guys.

Time with my son is the best. Working on cars with him is a bonus.

CIMG4302.jpg

-
Back