Why were Old School

-

Hemioutlaw

Make America Great Again!
Reaction score
Whelp Noah done took his Ark outta Texas for the moment and time to catch up on some yard work. Last time I tried to use it it my edger wouldn't start for **** and then the cord broke So I just finished putting a new pull cord on my Old *** Edger (never done one before) and as I had it apart saw that the pickup was all rusty and took some light sandpaper and cleaned it all up, pulled the plug and yup, light sandpapered it.

As I'm putting it all back together I see a truck pull up to my neighbors dropping off another one of those High Tech and $$$ Front load washer dryer setups and its gotta be the third one they've got in the last ten years. Anyway, fill the gas tank and damn if it don't start on the first pull, I'm just tickled pink. Now on to mowing with my 1974 Lawnboy that just keeps on going and later I'll grab a Cold One outta my old *** Mancave fridge and maybe much later do some laundry in my old *** washer and dryer.

Ya'all get my drift here and some people wonder why we use old stuff. Yeah ya gotta replace a bearing or belt or seal or whatever here and there but stuff was just made so much better years ago and ya can work on it. Anyhow been a good day and later I'll take my Old *** Barracuda out for a cruise and let the wind blow thru my Two remaining hairs....Damn hope I don't lose one!

Attachments

• 20150531_160526.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 20150531_160256.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 20150531_154221.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 20150531_154150.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 20150531_154134.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 20150531_151605.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 191
Two hairs left? Saves time on the primping. Jump out of the shower, run the towel over the head and it's dry. No wasting time with the hair to the shoulders like the old days. LOL. And I'm like you, if it can be fixed easily, it ain't broke until I break it or it's just plain wore out.

Believe Me !! I'm on your hip. I hate to pay someone for something I can do, No matter your financial position.

That lawnboy was top of the line mower in its day. Still looks good!
I`ll take the old school american stuff anyday compared to chinese parts loaded stuff.
Iv`e been using an old clothes drier I bought used and ugly since the mid 80s. replaced 1 belt.
Thing won`t die :)

My mother in law has a Kenmore Freezer that is at least 38 years old, I know that because I'm 38 and it was at my Grandmother's house for years before that. When she passed then it got moved to my inlaws. and its still going strong. I think its at least 50 years old.

probably the ONLY good thing about modern appliances is they are much more energy efficient, but they will not last forever ( ie the old frigadare frig!!!???). or even that long.... yes I hate buying most modern stuff. it is insulting...
and try to order anything, ie repoped trans cooler lines, brakes lines, paint and primers, auto parts... etc, they will no doubt leave something off, send the wrong part, or the parts was made wrong, or is just plain Chineese sh*t!!????
or I go to the local lumber yard ( Meeks), I need 1 piece of rood tin. to finish the gable on the shed. funny they want a $1 a ft more than the people that sell the stuff as their business. I am sure these guys make a reasonable profit. SCREW Meeks!!!!
and yes I am a pussy cat.

I dig old ****. My newest car is 79 model. My lawn mower is from the 70s. My weedeater is only about 10 years old, but its badass. Most of the tools in my toolbox been with me for 30 years. Take care of your old **** and it'll take care of you. And i do have an edger very similar to the OP's picture.

I can honestly tell you having been in the appliance repair business for several years that the top loader "old school" washers are far superior to the new front loader pieces of crap. The biggest issue with these front loaders is that the tub sits on a horizontal spindle and bearing assembly and eventually the bearings will wear out and the tub will not spin or wash properly. This will cause violent shaking, and even start the boot seal to smoke from the friction. I always tell my customers that they are better off with a top loader.

-
Back