Reaction score

BS1.jpg

BS2.jpg

BS3.jpg

BS4.jpg

BS5.jpg

BS6.jpg

BS7.jpg

what is with the different colorazation around the rattle? is this normal? i don't think i have ever seen that before....

I sure am glad this was posted :cheers:
I have looked for these great King snakes just to bring them home and set free on the hill, But I have yet to catch one yet:angry3: They are very fast and hard to catch. My old home place had one I called Herman he would let us see him now and then and I had to teach my wife and children about them.
I have failed two times this year to catch one.
Great pictures of that King snake taking down that appears to be a 5 year old ground Rattler. This snake will stay where he is welcome
and has a good food sores, some times they are mistaken for blue racers witch is a good snake too.:-D

what is with the different colorazation around the rattle? is this normal? i don't think i have ever seen that before....

It's a Western Diamonback. I'm like you Timber rattlers didn't have that black and white tail. Here's a pic.

rs2.jpg

i figured it had to be a specific feature of a certian type i had never really seen before.....thanks

The snake feeding looks like a Blue Indigo. They are a dark blue black color with a white underside with hues of red and yellow. Very pretty. Had a pet one when I was a boy in central Fl. They introduced them into the Orange groves to keep rattler population down.Very calm snake would wrap around my cowboy hat and go around with me. when people tried to touch him tho he would bite the piss out of them. State of Fl. has them on the protected list.

Here's pics of the 3 main ones. Theres only 27 variaties. The Eastern Diamondback is the grand daddy of them all. They can reach lengths of 7-8 feet.
First pic is the Eastern.
Second is the Western.
Third is the Timber.

Eastern Diamondback.jpg

Western Diamondback.jpg

TimberRattler.jpg

The diamondback rattlesnake (Crotalus atrox) is found in the southern Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas Valley, and in the southwestern Ozarks. This snake is sometimes called by the common name "coontail rattler" due to the black and white pattern on the tail.

2C3V6694.jpg

Hell Yes...that is BaddAss.

Yes, that is a Western Diamondback Rattler...being devoured by a good sized King Snake.

Supposedly King's are immune to Rattler bites.

I caught a yellow/black banded King once, and fed him Mice for awhile. Totally awesome to contain a snake for awhile and see how they live. We let him go after a month or so....just wanted to witness a few feedings.

Good thread.

-
Back