WI STATE TAX

-

Louie70Dart

Southern IL. Complete opposite of k-town
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Moved back to WI from WI last December. Lived in MI from mid-Dec 2015 to December 2016. Went and filed taxes..... WI says I under reported income and owe taxes on what I made for the entire year...... To the tune of $1501.00..... I have cleared checks, cable and electric bills, and drivers license, car registration and so on. So, I am going to scan all I have and send it to the WIDOR and keep my fingers crossed. What a bunch of crap.

Have you talked with anyone at the Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue.
They must have a 1-800 number for tax questions or talk to a C.P.A.
I believe there are free tax info services too . Talking to someone who knows the tax laws might save you some headaches. They may tell you to do the same thing as you're going to do.

It's only right if you legally changed residence to MI for a year. You shouldn't have to pay taxes to WI for when you were a legal resident of MI. Only to MI and only to WI when you were a legal resident of WI.

But then I'm not a tax consultant.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

I left Wisconsin back in 75' when I turned 18, Now in South Carolina, much warmer but not much better!
Jeff

As long as you have some documents to show you moved (like change of adress on your driver's license) you should be good

-
Back