Wichita, Ks members, do you have rims and tires?

-

65_valiant

Reaction score
I'm planning on moving my car from storage in Newton to home here in Wichita. Would there be any of you that would be willing to lend me a two SBP rims and tires that hold air and two LBP rims and tires that also hold air. I know for a fact that the two front tires on the LBP rims have dry rotted to the point of having holes big enough to slide my hand in. the rear I think MIGHT hold air, but would like a set of just incase.
I'd only need to borrow them for a few days at most. Once it's here at home it's going up on stands anyways, so no need for tires at that point.

Whatta ya say Wichita? Can you help me out?

Anyone? Going today to clear some stuff out of the way so I can load it on the trailer thursday.

Anyone? Going today to clear some stuff out of the way so I can load it on the trailer thursday.

Around here most tire shops will give you old tires that will hold air but are no longer road worthy. I used to get them all the time so I could move cars around. You might check with some places up there. Walmart will never let me have anything because it is against corporate policy.

I'll see if i can scrounge a few up. I called a place in newton and they wanted $30/tire!! For an old junker tire.... Some peoples kids right?

I had the tire place on Washington mount and old scrap tire they had, and remarkably, the other tires hold air long enough to push it on, drive 25 miles and push it off. Ran into a couple forgotten snags from when I started this a year or two ago. Some parts hangin loose that needed taken care of.

I'll keep you guys in mind if something happens to that old tire I had already tho. Thanks!

I have 2 SBP wheels with new tires. I didn't see this post but I couldn't do much last week anyhow due to hernia surgery. So for future reference, I have them for now until I sell them.

-
Back