Widest FRONT tire on a '66 Dart

-

MidnightSwinger

Reaction score
Been searching,and I have a good idea how big I can on the rear of my dart,but not the front.

Is there a general consensus? The '66 is my daily driver,and like to run the same size on all 4 corners, but would also like to go as wide as I can.

I was looking at a 225/65r15, or maybe a 60's series if I can get it. Too wide? To tall? any experience would be helpful.

Been searching,and I have a good idea how big I can on the rear of my dart,but not the front.

Is there a general consensus? The '66 is my daily driver,and like to run the same size on all 4 corners, but would also like to go as wide as I can.

I was looking at a 225/65r15, or maybe a 60's series if I can get it. Too wide? To tall? any experience would be helpful.

On 15's stick with a 60 series.
What look/type car are you going for ?
Drag,Street,Canyons,Groceries,ect ?
As usual,back spacing will be key.
What to you have in mind for 15"wheels ?
Do you still have the small bolt pattern ?
Slant six or V8 car ?

Its a daily driver, 4 door dart. Im looking at just some stock 15x6"(or is it 6.5") steelies. Wanting to go as wide as possible to improve stability,especially around corners. The 185/70/13's leave much to be desired.

Car will be BBP, swapping a 73-76 A body disc set up on it. Its a slant six,but future holds either a turbo /6, or a turbo sb.

That 65 series tire is going to be too tall. If you want more stability, install a front swaybar. The 73+ discs are going to widen the front track width so you will have to watch tire to fender clearance.

Its a daily driver, 4 door dart. Im looking at just some stock 15x6"(or is it 6.5") steelies. Wanting to go as wide as possible to improve stability,especially around corners. The 185/70/13's leave much to be desired.

Car will be BBP, swapping a 73-76 A body disc set up on it. Its a slant six,but future holds either a turbo /6, or a turbo sb.

You don't need to go from the thinnest to the widest to get what you are looking for.

A 205 or 215 would be HUGE improvement over those 185s and shouldn't be hard to fit.

66 4 door slant six daily driver. Get yourself a set of 14x5.5" steelies.
Go with a 215-70/14. Your car will drive night and day better than the 13's you have. To big a tire will dog your slant.

Down the road,if you upgrade to BBP and V8 power,then you can upgrade to 15's and a little bigger tire.

66 4 door slant six daily driver. Get yourself a set of 14x5.5" steelies.
Go with a 215-70/14. Your car will drive night and day better than the 13's you have. To big a tire will dog your slant.

Down the road,if you upgrade to BBP and V8 power,then you can upgrade to 15's and a little bigger tire.

Its not a stock slant,and I have 3.55's in the 7 1/4,and the BBP disc will be on there by the end of January at the latest. I would rather get the 15's now,and avoid buying two sets of wheels/tires.

Im thinking 215/60R15's. Maybe a 225/60R15. I work in a Tire center, Ill just ask my Manager if he would let me test fit a few different sizes.

Thank you for all the info!

Its not a stock slant,and I have 3.55's in the 7 1/4,and the BBP disc will be on there by the end of January at the latest. I would rather get the 15's now,and avoid buying two sets of wheels/tires.

Im thinking 215/60R15's. Maybe a 225/60R15. I work in a Tire center, Ill just ask my Manager if he would let me test fit a few different sizes.

Thank you for all the info!

Often we hear these grandiose plans (BB,turbo,V8 conversion)only for it not to happen. That's why I gave you plan A. I'm a big fan of 15's on an A body.They look great. You are on the right path tire size wise,and since you work at a tire shop,the fact that the manager will let you try a couple sizes will work towards your advantage. Dont be surprised if you have to trim the very bottom of the front fenders,to get proper clearance for the bigger tire. No biggie.
Finding a set of factory 15"steelies can be a tough find as well.

-
Back