Widest wheel with Mopar offset spring kit on 68 Barracuda

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the mopar offset spring kit in a Barracuda. And whats the widest wheel they have run. I have the kit and it looks like I might be able to run a nine inch wheel. Thanks

I have them using stock type hd springs on a 71 dart and run a 28 by 10.5 slick, dont know offset of rims, inner tubs needed a lil banging, outers fine. If I use a different inset rim Iand ss springs im sure I could go a size larger ,on your barracuda I would definitely use them as your car has a shorter wheelbase and they will jack the rear up a few inches and allow more outer clearance . I ran a 50 series mt sportsman on my 67 barracuda and think I could have went larger. I currently run weld rims dunno offset, hope this helps a lil

sorry, that 50 series on the barracuda was stock spring location and ss springs. It also was a notchback coupe.I also had a 73 340 duster with stock springs and ran a 12 inch rim but dont recall tire size other than they were minimum 12 inches wide if not more. you have to find the right inset and offset of rims ,the rims on the 73 were steel and had a 10 bolt pattern so you have to look and measure

outers not the problem with ss springs on a baracuda as it raises the rear of the car whereas you will clear the fenders height wise, its all in the inset of the rim.take care

-
Back