Wife gave me my X-mas

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at this varmint gun for a few months know,
She told me to get it if it is want if I wanted for myself.
So I did not hesitate and went and made a deal with a local gun shop and
took it home and set the scope in and went through 40 rounds getting it sited in.
Nothing big but it will reach out there and do the job.
Hornaday will be starting a new line of a 22.mag shell that will hit the market in February 08, know I am using cci maxi-mags hp 40 grain.
I used a tree to rest the gun on and can keep a 3/4 inch pattern at 80 yards so that was good enough for me.
Remember I am 5'7 and short arms and this New England sportster SS1 model
Win mag fits great. with a Simmons 3-9x40 make it a great shooter.
Did not get the Valiant this month but there is a new Varmint gun in the house. And it will be good to me for a life time and more.:salute:

22 win mag 001.jpg

22 win mag 004.jpg

22 win mag 005.jpg

22 win mag 0022.jpg

22 win mag 0033.jpg

Dude those NEF's are real tack drivers !!! Cant beat them for the price.....That's a nice looking set up, hope it puts a lot of yotes down....:salute:

Dude those NEF's are real tack drivers !!! Cant beat them for the price.....That's a nice looking set up, hope it puts a lot of yotes down....:salute:

Thanks SleeperScamp!! Hope to take a big cat with it that has been seen around here for the last 6 weeks, and has taken one small calf from my next door neighbor and You can count on some yotes getting put down.
The hole set up scope, gun and strap. like new 130 dollars.
That might seem high but it is like new. and fits like a glove.:toothy4:
These guns are trouble free and last for ever.
And will reach a bit farther then my 22 long rifle.

(Grand Island, NE) - In addition to their popular 17 caliber rimfire cartridges, Hornady is pleased to announce its new 22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire (WMR). The new 22 WMR ammunition brings Hornady's technology to the widely used 22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire and improves the accuracy and terminal performance of the round.

Featuring a 30 gr V-MAX™ bullet leaving the muzzle at 2,200 feet per second, compared to my 40 grain cci at 1.875 feet per second.
Hornady's 22 WMR offers the outstanding terminal performance that has made the V-MAX™ bullet legendary out to 125 yards.

We are very excited about this great addition to our already popular line of rimfire cartridges.

22.jpg

OOoooOooOooOoooo00000 Sweeeeet! I got gun buddies on here and Mopar Pals?? My wife got me a H&K P2000sk in a .40 cal for an early Christmas present! Gotta love that woman! Can never have enough handguns and shotguns! I'll be in the market for a decent 308 rifle if anyone has any suggestions?? We can now use them in Allegany CO. where we hunt! (Pics attached of the P2000sk .40)

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

I have had a couple NEF rifles in the past, and I still own two H&R shotguns... They're awesome firearms. Very accurate and dead reliable. The only one I've ever had a problem with was my little H&R Snake Tamer... It's a .410 that I use for a camp gun, and it doesn't extract properly with many types of ammunition... At the same time, you must consider that this gun has been frozen, super heated, dropped in sand, submerged in water, and generally beaten to hell and back in the years I've owned it.

OOoooOooOooOoooo00000 Sweeeeet! I got gun buddies on here and Mopar Pals?? My wife got me a H&K P2000sk in a .40 cal for an early Christmas present! Gotta love that woman! Can never have enough handguns and shotguns! I'll be in the market for a decent 308 rifle if anyone has any suggestions?? We can now use them in Allegany CO. where we hunt! (Pics attached of the P2000sk .40)

:notworth:

Dang 360scamp!! he could clear the forest with that gun.
When I am in the brush hunting ,I like a good old 3030.:pirat:

nothing says christmas like guns! I bought myself myself a S&W MP 9mm for christmas last week. My Next purchase will be a Remington 700 .308 Tactical Rifle. Merry CHristmas to all!

Dang 360scamp!! he could clear the forest with that gun.
When I am in the brush hunting ,I like a good old 3030.:pirat:

This is the one I would use to clear a forest...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rNNXkOCi0
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=GE+minigun
http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Machine-Guns/GE_XM214_Minigun.htm
I fell in love with this gun the first time I saw Last Action Hero when they are chasing the 53 F-100 with the minivan and the guy pops out of the side door of the van with one.

"It is electrically driven, and has a firing rate that can be adjusted from 1000 rpm all the way up to a unbelievable 10,000 rpm. In addition to that, it can be set to fire bursts from 30 to 1000 rounds."

Hey Me Mike,
My husband and I have one of those 17's. They are great little guns. He took our sons, ages 8 and 13 out target/ skeet shooting this fall with it. Your wife has good taste. have a Merry Christmas and Good luck with the varmint shootin' ! :thumbrig:
I was raised in a hunting family. My dad is the " Great White Hunter". If it has fangs, fur, fins or feathers it's either in the freezer and or hanging on the living room wall. He has a black bear, an albino buck with a 6 point rack, and mule deer, a full sized turkey, a few pheasants, a muskie, ( WV state record in 1966) , and 9 deer in which 3 are ones I hunted down.
I am passing my hunting skills and stories down to our two boys and one day soon they can start our own collection. :brave:

Nicccceeee! No one's going to mess around with your mopars haha

I've got a little toy aswell...I like historic rifles a lot so I bought myself a M-48 Yugoslavian Mouser, the sister of the German mauser during WW2, BTW I like the rifle not the cause it was used for =S

5 rounds of 8mm sitcks! hehe

:pirat:

m48.jpg

300.0083.1.jpg

Guns rule...

I just finished building this one a month or so ago -- 14.5" M4 A3 (has a removable A2 carrying handle).

AR15M4A3.jpg

I also have a couple of AKs to keep me amused...the wife, not so amused.

BulgarianSA93.jpg

RomanianAK-47WithPOSP6xIlluminatedS.jpg

DSCF0545.jpg

Hey Me Mike,
My husband and I have one of those 17's. They are great little guns. He took our sons, ages 8 and 13 out target/ skeet shooting this fall with it. Your wife has good taste. have a Merry Christmas and Good luck with the varmint shootin' ! :thumbrig:
I was raised in a hunting family. My dad is the " Great White Hunter". If it has fangs, fur, fins or feathers it's either in the freezer and or hanging on the living room wall. He has a black bear, an albino buck with a 6 point rack, and mule deer, a full sized turkey, a few pheasants, a muskie, ( WV state record in 1966) , and 9 deer in which 3 are ones I hunted down.
I am passing my hunting skills and stories down to our two boys and one day soon they can start our own collection. :brave:
Thanks Xcptshnl1!! Sounds like your dad was a great fellow that would have been cool to live with and have for a friend!
I like carrying this NEF it is as simple as they get.
My sister inlaw is making me a five round wrist band to where on my left arm.
I do allot of walking and I feel better with a rifle over my shoulder when I am out checking fences for holes for the rancher next door.
Next will be a side arm. Not sure yet what to buy.
I am thinking a 40 caliber. Thanks for sharing your story and keep up the good work raising them boys.:toothy4:

Hay 360scamp, Yep that would do it.:wav:

Hotwheelsjr! Glad to know you are armed and ready for anything.
Something tells me you may have a bunker full of ammo,food,water.
and of course some wild turkey 101.:salute:
Nice work,
and pretty wife that has to put up with your gun collection :toothy4:

GermzD71!!that is a great rifle M-48 Yugoslavian Mouser!!
My uncle was a teacher and a trainer and was awarded for his marksmanship
in the marines. He taught allot of men the how to's and past his skills on to me and his children. How to breath, stand and point.
Those were some good times and we all miss that great man.
That is one fine riffle sir.:salute:

-
Back