Wifi repeater

-
I keep glancing at the thread title thinking "Wife repeater?" "I got one, that's enough"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TQEX8BO/?tag=joeychgo-20

$24.50

Here ya go. Hang this outside your garage (under an eve if you can, if not figure out a way to keep it dry), facing where your wifi is coming from. You'll have to run a cat5 or 6 cable to it through the wall, and the power wire. Plug your laptop into the cat5 cable, configure it to connect to your wifi. Once you have it connected, you should have the interwebs on your laptop. If you want wired devices, plug it into a cheap switch. If you want wireless, plug it into an access point. Or, plug it into a cheap router in the garage (which is what I would do), then you'll have both. Router should be plug and go, but you'll have a different wifi network to connect to. If you want to be on the same network, you'll have to configure it to be an access point. I have some old routers laying around, not the fastest wifi, but they work, I can send you one if you want.
Caveat, this may not be strong enough, but I think you'd be ok if your phone connects to your house wifi with a good signal wherever you mount it.

Reread the original post, you already have another router, doh! :)

-
Back