Wild fire 3 miles from us....

-
Apparently the fire must have gotten a bit out of control, DNR is now saying it is only 30% contained.....we don't see any smoke, nor smell any.

Some news folks are calling it the Lake Spokane fire, others are calling it the Long Lake fire...

...Before I came up here all I heard from the folks in AZ was how wet it is. Hate to break it to them said:
all the wet and green is over here on the West side of the mountains!

Hope you are staying safe!

95*, dry as a bone, 1000 acre fire a few miles away and one of my moronic neighbors was out there shooting....seriously?

Came home form the vet up 231 today. Can see a portion of the hill side is a different color now. Wife read in the paper that they are going to charge the guy that started it...and "bill" him for it...not that he will ever pay it.

Lake Spokane Campground has been shut down, it is being used by the fire crews. Wife also read in the paper today that the fire crews have been having to deal with some of the more intelligent members of the public that are insisting they be allowed to use the boat launch and other area....dipsh*ts.....

And of course, the wonderful local paper is giving out erroneous info, saying that there is a boat launch at the southern end of the lake. What there is down there are docks, no ramp. There is a road heading back there but it is gated & locked with a no motorized vehicle sign...

-
Back