Will 10 inch wide wheels fit my Demon?

-

Slappy

Reaction score
Will a 10 inch wide wheel fit on my Demon? I have an 8 3/4 rear. Will I have to move the springs in?

I'm pretty sure you'll have to relocate the springs or jack it up high, high in the sky......:toothy10:

simple have you rims custom make to the proper of set plenty of room in the demon and dusters compared to the 67-76 darts

Thinking of buying wheels from a member and the rears are 10 inch wide.

slappy im tying to do the same thing i have weld draglites 15x10. 5.5 b/s
with a 28x12.5 15 mickey et street tire i posted this question on the tire & wheel forum and didnt get any answers.

if you do can you please pm any info if you get some solid answers

maybe we are just wishfull thinking

thanks

A tape measure is your friend, and can answer your question if you use it and know the section width of tire to be used.

I run a 10" wide rim with 28X12.50 MT ET tires on my Demon pretty tight fit. I have 5" backspace and have the 3/4" spring relocate on each side with stock wheel wells.

I believe you could run a stock (unmodified) setup with a 10" wide wheel and about a 4-3/4" to maybe 4-1/2" backspace might have some rubbing depending on your tire choice and car height. Me personally I would look for about a 4-3/4" backspace and you could always use a spacer to move tire away from spring if you have to.

Im running 9" wheels 5.5 back space on my 74 duster, with 295-50-15, springs had to be moved. Have only about 1" clearance in side fender to tire, outside is full.

They will fit if you move your springs in 3/4". I'm running 10" with 5" back space. 70 Duster.

I use old 10" Centerlines with a 4.5" backspace, 28x10.5 Hoosiers slicks, I had to roll the quarter panel wheel lips for clearance, but the S/S springs are in the stock location (I flipped the front hangers to lower the ride height). I also use 275x60's street tires on those wheels, they look like they might fit without rolling the lip???

-
Back