Will 15" tires work on my Dart?

-

Montana Y

Reaction score
I recently finished "restoring" my 68 Dart 270 sedan, but surprise surprise, the 35 year old white walls were no good. Then to my dismay I discovered you can't easily find the correct size 13" tires for my stock rims. The ones I ended up with are much smaller than the old ones, and the car rides pretty low.

Now, I know I can run 14's stock, since they were a factory option, but can I run 15's? I don't want anything fancy (It's just my commuter car after all) and am planning on getting mopar stock rims. Mostly I'm just worried about tire rub on the fronts. Also what would the modern tire number be for this application.

On a side note, I have the original full-sized dart hubcaps, but they only fit 13's and wont fit larger rims. Did Chrysler make any full-sized 15" hubcaps for any of their cars that I could use, I really don't like the dog-dish style.

You'll have to get some small bolt 15" wheels, but yes, 15's will fit easily. Your best bet for wheel covers is to find an assortment at a swap meet.

Any 15 inch SBP rim will have been custom made. Best bet is get 14 SBP unless you are going to change over to 15 BBP anyway.

Yes full hubcaps came on 13, 14 and 15 rims back then.

"US Indys" still make slotted mags in SBP

20180322_143040.jpg

I am running 15x7's on all four corners of my 69 Dart. My wheels have 4 1/8" backspacing. You just have to be careful not to go too big with the tires.

I am running 15x7's on all four corners of my 69 Dart. My wheels have 4 1/8" backspacing. You just have to be careful not to go too big with the tires.
Your Dart is absolutely beautiful. Im looking to put 15" on my 383 GTS but afraid not to get the correct recipe. What is your tire size? Are you having any issues with rubbing front or back?

Your Dart is absolutely beautiful. Im looking to put 15" on my 383 GTS but afraid not to get the correct recipe. What is your tire size? Are you having any issues with rubbing front or back?

Thanks for the compliment! I am running 215/65R15 on all four wheels. They fit well under the fenders. I have not noticed any rubbing, particularly in the front where it can be problematic.

-
Back