Will 40 inch brake line be long enough?

-

Dusten

Reaction score
Replacing the brake line on my 71 a body 8 3/4 rear end passenger side. Block to wheel cylinder. It broke. The one that came off it looks to be about 42inches. The only pre bent one I can find is about $30 from right stuff or I was just going to bend one my self for $9. I can only find a non bent one from 40 or 51 inches. Does anyone know if 4o inches is long enough? Thanks

I bought a roll of line for 25$. Top of rear end Junction will get ya about to the dog leg of fender. I would say to follow factory you would need at least 6 ft from pumpkin, over, and up to the block

Replacing the brake line on my 71 a body 8 3/4 rear end passenger side. Block to wheel cylinder. It broke. The one that came off it looks to be about 42inches. The only pre bent one I can find is about $30 from right stuff or I was just going to bend one my self for $9. I can only find a non bent one from 40 or 51 inches. Does anyone know if 4o inches is long enough? Thanks

Measure the distance between the two connections you are trying to plumb the line for using a measuring tape. You can also use a piece of 40" wire or cord that follows along the correct routing to see if it will fit between the two fittings properly.

Or, buy or borrow a tube flaring kit to cut and flare the longer line to your needed length. That way you will be able to flare lines for the rest of your life. You can see the proper technique for cutting and flaring lines on Youtube.

-
Back