Will 65 crossmember fit

-
Thanks OldVart appreciate the information. I thought I remembered some sort of difference. Glad I didn't buy that one, I may have to fabricate one.

If you decide to buy a used one, look for a 73-76 v8 K frame. THey use the spool type mounts which are a captive type mount (an improvement) unlike the sandwich types used on the 72 and older models. THe other option is to look at the alterkation set ups for a tubular type set up. Some outfit that posted here on the site is now fabbing replacment k frames as well, but only for the 66 down models, maybe they plan on making K's for 67-76 bodies.

Ah, I see, sorry - my mistake.

I had to replace a section of the torsion bar crossmember on my 73, which I think is what you are talking about - correct ? Mine wasnt rotted, it was chopped in two, by some butchers that installed a B body 4 spd, and made a sleazy hack job of it. Ugh. Unbelievable what some people will do

Probably any crossmember from 67-76 will likely work fine. The donor car for the replacement section in my case was from a 67, but I only needed the center part of it, so be sure to take measurements.

I'm glad we got that cleared up, cause I was like 66dartgt and mistakenly thought you meant the K-frame. I have a 65 and a 66 CDN Valiant, and a 67 Dart at home. I'll try and get you some pics and measurements over the weekend. If it pisses rain, all bets are off. :)

-
Back