Will 71 bucket seat covers fit over 70 bucket seat foam?

-

BigStrok3

Mopar!
Reaction score
I've got a pretty nice set of 1970 a body bucket seats. Problem is they are black and I want to cover them white and put them in my 71 dart. I see legendary doesn't offer the 70 year seat covers in white but they do for 1971. Will they fit right over my 1970 seat foams? Thanks for any help!

20170619_123108.jpg

I think 70 and 71's are the same and use a seperate hard back cover. I don't think 72-up have a seperate back cover.

Rear plastic covers into 1973 but they have molded in hinge covers.

The 1970 & early 1971 style frames have removable hinge covers with separate backs as shown in his photo.

Man, wish you were closer. I have a set of 71-72 seats but have a 70 duster!

I would love to have your seats! I have 2 sets of 70 or 71 challenger seats. One set is nice and the other set will get foam and covers like yours which I believe is correct for my 70 dart.

Not really looking to get rid of mine. They are mint other than one has a tiny split on top back of headrest area. Just not the right color. If I can't fit the 71 covers or have legendary make me some in white I'll leave them in my duster or recover my darts rear seat black to match.

Not really looking to get rid of mine. They are mint other than one has a tiny split on top back of headrest area. Just not the right color. If I can't fit the 71 covers or have legendary make me some in white I'll leave them in my duster or recover my darts rear seat black to match.

Try SMS Auto Fabrics out of Oregon, if anybody can make what you want, it would be them! They are the industries largest supplier of NOS Auto fabric material, and can stitch the covers for you as well! They also work with legendary, so you can buy the material there and have it sent to legendary to do the stitching if you like!

-
Back