Will a 68 dart front fit

-

IRISH RT

Reaction score
Ive Got a South African Valiant Rebel Which is an A Body Plymouth Valiant 200??? My Question is will a 1968 Dodge Dart Front Clip Fit, Fenders ,Hood Grill Etc

It'll take quite a bit of work and welding and a plan about the grill. The front end will fit, but only if you narrow it around 3 inches. This is only in theory though. I have yet to do this. Though I know someone who dearly wants to

Any pics of your car?

It'll take quite a bit of work and welding and a plan about the grill. The front end will fit, but only if you narrow it around 3 inches.

Er…where are you getting this idea from, DarTT? The guy's got a '68 Valiant Rebel, which is a right-hand-drive US-body '68 Valiant. The '68 Dart front clip will bolt right on with no modifications. All the '67-'72 A-body front clips are interchangeable and even the body lines match up, and '73-'76 front clips can be adapted without too much hassle; all the body lines match up but you have to rework the bumper bracket attachment points. The exception to this interchangeability of all '67-'76 front clips is the '67-'69 Barracuda due to differences in the leading edge of the door and the sculpture lines in the sheetmetal.

Er…where are you getting this idea from, DarTT? The guy's got a '68 Valiant Rebel, which is a right-hand-drive US-body '68 Valiant. The '68 Dart front clip will bolt right on with no modifications. All the '67-'72 A-body front clips are interchangeable and even the body lines match up, and '73-'76 front clips can be adapted without too much hassle; all the body lines match up but you have to rework the bumper bracket attachment points. The exception to this interchangeability of all '67-'76 front clips is the '67-'69 Barracuda due to differences in the leading edge of the door and the sculpture lines in the sheetmetal.
Well, he put it in early A-body discussion. I had no clue it was a '68. It coulda been a '62 for all I knew:toothy10:. Thanks Dan for the clarification there and for some info I didn't even know:-D. I just didn't know his was a '68 since it was put in early A

Thanx Dan , Its Just My Valiant Was in a Recent Smash and A mate has access to a 68 Dart Front , I know I can use an Aussie Valiant Bumper, But my Main Concern was the Hood Fitting, And The Dart front will stck out more at the front is that correct.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stick out more at the front", but as long as you use the whole '68 Dart front end assembly -- guards, bonnet, bumper bar, grille, etc. -- all together, it'll bolt up. You can't swap individual bits; mix-and-match within the front-end assembly doesn't work.

-
Back