Will a '71 Demon Grille fit my Flat-Nosed '75 Dodge Dart Sport Coupe?

-

SouthernDart

Reaction score
Hi all

I am trying to figure out if a Grille for a '71 Dodge Demon will fit my '75 Dodge Dart Sport Coupe.

Yes i know that the Dart Sport Coupe has the Pointy-grille, but if you look at my Forum Pic you can see I Flat-Nosed it .

Any and all assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

TJ

the shell never changed, from 70 to 75, from demon to dart sport
BUT you need the entire nose
fenders, fender extensions, hood, radiator support, lower valiance and filler panel

im having a hard time seeing what you have, but if that is a duster front end, the same still applies

You can't swap just the grille. Or at least, you won't be able to just bolt the earlier grille in without making brackets, cutting, trimming, and maybe custom headlight surrounds.

Looks like you "flat nosed it" by cutting up the original beak header panel? Grille will be all custom for that. You could use a 70-72 hood, hood latch support, bumper, grille and valance and fenders. Basically convert to an early front clip. The issue with that is you'd have figure out the bumper bracket mounts, because your car has a shock mount front bumper and the mounts for the brackets are different.

But yeah, I don't see a stock grille bolting into what you have anymore.

You can't swap just the grille. Or at least, you won't be able to just bolt the earlier grille in without making brackets, cutting, trimming, and maybe custom headlight surrounds.

Looks like you "flat nosed it" by cutting up the original beak header panel? Grille will be all custom for that. You could use a 70-72 hood, hood latch support, bumper, grille and valance and fenders. Basically convert to an early front clip. The issue with that is you'd have figure out the bumper bracket mounts, because your car has a shock mount front bumper and the mounts for the brackets are different.

But yeah, I don't see a stock grille bolting into what you have anymore.

I did not cut the original Beak Header panel, I retained the hood and simply manufactured a straight header Panel. Since I am cutting and "Flushing" both Bumpers to the Body the mounting brackets have already been set.

Many thanks, and yes I now know and agree - it seems like its all custom from here on after.

TJ

I did not cut the original Beak Header panel, I retained the hood and simply manufactured a straight header Panel. Since I am cutting and "Flushing" both Bumpers to the Body the mounting brackets have already been set.

Many thanks, and yes I now know and agree - it seems like its all custom from here on after.

TJ

Nice work! I couldn't tell from the picture but if you fabbed the header panel yourself I'm sure you can handle the grille. :D

But yeah, given the amount of custom work you've done already I think you're pretty much on your own. If you like the earlier grille I'm sure you can find a way to make it work, but I think you'll just have to take the risk of getting an earlier grille and seeing if it can be done. It might work great and be pretty simple, but I don't think anyone else out there will be able to tell you, you'll just have to try it.

-
Back