Will a 75 dart inner fender fit a 69 dart

• Thread starter Deleted member 40550
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 40550

Her pass side inner fender is bent and rusted pretty bad, will a 75 dart inner fender fit a 69 dart?

Yes, but it will be different in shape near the yoke for an AC Dryer

Yes, but it will be different in shape near the yoke for an AC Dryer

Yup. And it'll have a spot for a charcoal canister too. Overall it will fit the same, just look a little different.

Why would you bother going to all that work to drill off and weld in an incorrect looking part?
AMD makes brand new inner fenders that look exactly like the 69 part.
I have installed several and they are super nice.

Can you tell which fender is from a 75 Dart on this car?

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Why would you bother going to all that work to drill off and weld in an incorrect looking part?
AMD makes brand new inner fenders that look exactly like the 69 part.
I have installed several and they are super nice.

If the '75 inner is free, it's just some spot welds and patience. Some of us cannot afford AMD's high prices.

Can you tell which fender is from a 75 Dart on this car?

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

I don't see any inner fenders in your photo so no, I can't tell.
The stamping for a 69 inner fender and a 75 inner fender look completely different.
The 69 is smooth and flat where the 75 has a very large shapely area for the charcoal cannister and a/c components that the later cars used. They are completely different in appearance.
Will it fit? yes. Will it look right? Not even close

If the '75 inner is free, it's just some spot welds and patience. Some of us cannot afford AMD's high prices.

I have used AMD pieces, and the fit and quality are excellent. I find their prices to be reasonable; not cheap but reasonable. Considering that 20-30 years ago there was literally nothing available for Mopars, I think that they deserve our patronage when possible. I will agree that if you can't afford a new part, that is just the way it is, but I don't think the prices are all that bad.

The stamping for a 69 inner fender and a 75 inner fender look completely different.
The 69 is smooth and flat where the 75 has a very large shapely area for the charcoal cannister and a/c components that the later cars used. They are completely different in appearance.
Will it fit? yes. Will it look right? Not even close

It's an inner fender! There is absolutely nothing that a '69 inner fender does that the '75 inner fender doesn't do. They are functionally the same if you're mounting the later inner fender on an earlier car. The only difference is cosmetic.

Can you tell the difference between the two? Of course, cosmetically they are different if you know what each of them looks like. Does it matter on anything other than a 100 point resto show car? Nope. Not at all. No one will even see it if you don't open the hood. And most people probably wouldn't even notice it if they're just looking at the car. Yes, they're different. But unless you know exactly what each of them look like, you're not likely to notice. Heck, even if you DO know what the differences are there's a good chance you won't notice if you're just looking at the car and not picking it apart for some stupid show trophy.

Sounds to me like the OP has access to a '75 inner fender, otherwise, why ask? Put the '75 inner fender on it and get it back on the road where it belongs.

You can use the later model plastic splash shields too. A big improvement. Want a car you can drive and enjoy? Use the parts you have available and can afford. There are those rare cars that deserve 10 point perfection and will not likely recoup the money invested when finished but are a labor of love. To each his own but if it is your car who else do you have to please? ;)

Yes guys we know they are different.. The AMD inner fenders are 230 bucks but remember she is only 16 and works part time at taco bell. We her parents don't give moneys to any of our kids to work on there classics, that's how they want it. There was a 75 dart at he junk yard that we could get the inner fender for 15-20 bucks thats right up her budget. Yes she just wants to get her dart on the road and drive it to high school this year not doing a total resto on it just doing what she wants and can afford for know... But as it goes the car has been crushed so we will try to find another or try to fix what she has on the dart know. There is plenty to do before its safe to be on the road so we have time to fix that kinda stuff. Thanks for all of the replies.

Sorry to hear you missed out on the inner fender.

For future reference, the inner fenders from ANY A-body will fit your Dart. '67-76, Dart's, Duster's, Valiant's, Scamp's, Demon's, Dart Sport's, even '67-'69 Barracuda's. The later stuff will have a different look on account of the charcoal canister and A/C drier, but it's just cosmetic.

As a wise man once said "anything will fit in anything"

-
Back