Will Aspen Wagon Disc Brakes Fit On My Scamp?

-

SassyGrassScamp

My Addiction Has Begun
Reaction score
I found a 1976 Dodge Aspen Wagon at a local scrap yard and it has front discs....Will the set-up fit on my '71 Scamp?

The car is going to be scrapped within a few days, so I need to find out soon....Thanks in advance for any help!

You'll need the larger ball joint for your car if you don't already have it.

Spindles and caliper anchors. Keep the hoses in good shape if you can so you can use those as mock ups for length and routing.

Rotors, bearings, and the such can be bought new, so if they aren't in great shape...you can forget 'em.

Calipers can be used for cores so you can grab them.

Not sure about the master. I've heard of guys using them, I've heard of guys not. Same way with the prop valve.

You'll need the larger ball joint for your car if you don't already have it.

Spindles and caliper anchors. Keep the hoses in good shape if you can so you can use those as mock ups for length and routing.

Rotors, bearings, and the such can be bought new, so if they aren't in great shape...you can forget 'em.

Calipers can be used for cores so you can grab them.

Not sure about the master. I've heard of guys using them, I've heard of guys not. Same way with the prop valve.

Thanks Ramenth....So, if I understand you correctly, the Spindles, anchors and calipers are a direct bolt on, and bearings and rotors will work as well, but I need the larger ball joints....Is that correct?

I want to do the same thing on my 67 b'cuda, but from what I understand you either need to 1. find 73-76 a-body upper a-arms...I doubt that's very easy; 2. buy Dr. Diff's adapter to add the larger ball joints, or 3. after market A a-arms. All 3 are so you can utilize the required larger ball joints. I looked at the Dr Diff adapters, but can't find anyone who has actually used them. Hopefully maybe someone can chime in and enlighten both of us. They appear to be $50. I looked into aftermarket a-arms and as I remember they were around $200, and I saw a thread here where someone had utilized aftermarket ones and they didn't fit. Still, either is a lot cheaper then the aftermarket kits. I'm going to follow your thread so please post any sucesses (or otherwise). Good luck!

You should be able to find 73-76 A body large ball joint upper control arms for around $75a set, give or take. Still a lot of them around if your not in a hurry.
The adapters from DrDiff should be good, IMO he wouldnt put them out there if they werent. I would use them if I had newer small balljoints already and wanted to do the swap without having to buy the new large balljoints and the later UCA's.
Spindles out from a F, M, J or late B body fit. Dust shields, spindles/knuckles, caliper brackets, calipers(for cores at least), rotors- if good, and if your pulling the parts get the master cylinder(core) and distribution/proportioning valve too. Save all the hardware!

There is a 4th option for uppers.

Get a new ball joint sleeve from stockcarproducts.com and weld it to the Small Ball Joint upper. Requires some welding skills. Works well.

If you buy aftermarket Uppers, buy the ones from Reilly Motorsports

-
Back