Will epoxy primer cover??

-

Roadart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
P/O removed vinyl top. Roof is pitted all over. None LOOK deep. Will epoxy primer cover the holes? Is it best to just light coating of body filler the entire roof? Did small area with filler and it came out nice.

If the pits have rust in them you’ll want to treat with some rust converter, then fill in the pits and sand smooth, the epoxy primer won’t fill in the pits and the rust will push through the paint

Years ago I prepped a pitted roof on my D200. What worked for me was rust mort treatment and a topcoat of epoxy primer followed by Evercoat feather fill primer. It is good to this day 15 plus years.

[QUOTE="fishmens67, post: 1973359474, member: 28078"Years ago I prepped a pitted roof on my D200. What worked for me was rust mort treatment and a topcoat of epoxy primer followed by Evercoat feather fill primer. It is good to this day 15 plus years.[/QUOTE]
What he said. There are a lot of rust treatments out there. Just pick a good one that will stop the teeny bits of rust in the bottom of the pits dead in its tracks. Sand the entire roof to bare metal, treat the pits (which will likely mean treating the entire roof) with the rust treatment carefully following the directions on the container, epoxy primer then high build primer

-
Back