Will I Need A Different Trans Mount?

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a '74 Dart Sport. It was a /6 with a 3-on-the-tree. It's going to be a 360-727. I have the engine mounts. Will the 3spd x-member and rubber mount work?

....but make sure that it's in good condition. If it's the original, it would probably be a good idea to replace it. A polyurethane replacement from Energy Suspensions or some other such manufacturer will insure a long life and proper driveline alignment.

Wow, that's great news. It's been a while (mid 80's) since I've done stuff like this.
I have Schumacher engine mounts (Thanks again, Myasylum!), which I believe are poly, and plan on getting a poly trans mount, too.
It's going to be a while before the car runs, but I'm going to sit the motor (it's not done) and trans in the car to: 1) Get them out of my way! And: 2) Set some angle having to do with the ladder bars I'm using. I can't remember exactly what angle right now. I have to get back to that!

Woo Hoo!!

Simple enough. I need the d-shaft in the car in order to be able to set the pinion angle when installing the rear. But, I digress...
Thanks.

-
Back