will it fit?

-

dartkid68

Reaction score
sorry guys another question thats probably been asked but im looking at a wheel that's off of a mustang its a 18x8 Back Spacing: 5.68" (144mm) and Offset +30mm (1.2") they also make a 9" rim but i think 8 will fit better i have a 68 dart with pro stock springs in the rear and a stock a-body 8 n 3/4 and possibly going with reilly motorsports rms front susp kit will i have any problems? my biggest thing is will i rub on the leafs?

I just tried these wheels on the back of my '68 Dart. I have a stock length A body 8 3/4 with bbp axles and Dr Diff's brake kit (those two push out the wheels a little bit). I had a 275/40/17 tire mounted on it and it barely rubbed the inner leaf springs. The part I'd worry about rubbing against is the inner budge found in the wheel wells. A spacer would be required.

i can alway trim/roll the 1/4 im just worried about the leafs and if they actually fit in the wheel well

i can alway trim/roll the 1/4 im just worried about the leafs and if they actually fit in the wheel well
They will fit in the wheel well with no modifications but they will hit the leafs unless you have a spacer. This is with 0.200" (or ~+5mm) of washers. Keep in mind that my brake and axle setup pushes the hub face out maybe 0.5-1.0" per side (I don't recall the number off the top of my head).

Attachments

• Lowered wheel on Dart.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 89
  • lowered tire to outer trim.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 86
  • lowered tire to leaf spring.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 84
-
Back